Bob Cook
06-04-02, 07:39 PM
OKAY Guys;

Time for another get-to-gether.

How about Mackinaw Island. ?
or Put-in-Bay Ohio ?
Sandusky / Burke Lakefront / Museum ?

When ? This Summer / June or July
Why ? for the wives, girlfriends and others.
Agenda? Anything but skymaster talk.
purpose? have fun and burn fuel.
real reason Boost the economy and get away from CNN.

alternate location : OZARKS or Hershey (wife likes chocolate)!

In Friday night or Sat morning. Dinner Sat night. Breakfast sunday morning and off we go back home......

Love Machinaw !!!!!!

And don't forget Oshkosh.... its the 50th!

Call it the TWIN TAIL REUNION... (two tails are better than one).

What da ya say ?

Bob

WebMaster
06-04-02, 09:05 PM
Mackinaw is a very cool place to fly into. One of the approaches takes you just over the edge of town, and flying under the Mackinaw Bridge is a hoot, not that I'd do anything like that!

We are, as mentioned going to be in OSH, and, yes Kevin, you can come stay at our hotel if it rains.

However, back to the Rendezvoussss. You know, Bob, here in Kalamazoo, on August 17, we're having a little fly-in, at our grass strip, Newman's Field, 4N0. It's a Saturday lunch thing, with a band and adult beverages in the late afternoon, for those who are not flying that day. Just a thought.

rick bell
06-04-02, 10:45 PM
baja

Bob Cook
06-04-02, 10:53 PM
Not to say your strip wouldn't be a hoot, however, my other half wants the Grand Hotel scene....... you know.....

You could almost taxi there if you had floats...

I am surprized there are not more takers for "mecca".

BTW anyone know the best way from TEB to Manhattan ? >going this weekend w the family. last time it was a 70$ taxi ride. We need to find a better way. Guess they were trying to make up for 9/11

Bob

WebMaster
06-05-02, 07:34 AM
Okay, you're right. Grass strip would be fun for an hour then we'd have to caravan to walmart.

Mackinac for dinner, it's cool.

Keven
06-05-02, 09:33 AM
Not necessarily the case. Ever been through a divorce? ;) BTW, do you know why divorces are so expensive? Because they're worth it!!!

I haven't been to Macinaw Island in about 15 years. Sounds like a pretty good plan to me. I didn't even know that they had an airstrip there.

Let's start looking at some dates. I think June may be too far gone, but I'm open for suggestions.

Keven
________
couple Webcams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/straight-couples/)

WebMaster
06-05-02, 12:00 PM
Mackinac Island, MCD is 3500 x 75.

How do you spell happiness, D-I-V-O-R-C-E, and of course getting married to a wonderful person like Kathryn.

Anyone have some dates in mind? Fathers day is weekend after next, then we go to Beaver Island, and Chicago Meigs for the following weekend. After that we are reasonable.

kevin
06-05-02, 12:05 PM
Clearly I need to move to the Eastern U.S., so I can attend the fly-ins... :D

Kevin

Keven
06-05-02, 12:15 PM
Kevin:

Hey, don't you have one of them fancy Skymasters that's turbo and pressurized that cruises at 300 kts? Shoot, gettin to the east coast for you's gotta be like gettin to Ohio for me;) Ya know, a couple of hours in the air and then you're sittin on a bar stool with a cold one in your hand.

Keven
________
MERCEDES-BENZ OM603 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_OM603)

Bob Cook
06-05-02, 04:50 PM
Larry et al, try these
6/15 okay,
6/29 goin see Ernies new plane,
7/13, 7/20, 8/17,
8/24, 8/31 are possibilities.
7/01. Will be in Boulder CO probably
Sept in nice as well, but real quiet. Need to book hotels ahead and avoid the race weekend.

Maybe Sandusky or put-in-bay would favour Keven.

Keviiiin > here we think the Ozarks are in the outback until we think of the NW. Where are you again.... oh yes, now I remember <G>

bob

kevin
06-05-02, 05:40 PM
Keven,

The important part of your impression is correct...the part about the bar stool and the cold one. The rest, well...

And to Bob, hey, before I went to the Bahamas, I was unaware there was any life east of the Cascade mountains, let alone a reason to fly in that direction... ;-)

Kevin

Keven
06-05-02, 05:46 PM
Folks:

I'm out for weekends of 6/15, 6/22, and 7/6 due to vacation at Edisto Beach. Other times seem to be good for me. I'd like to come if we/I can make it. I don't really have a preference re: Sandusky / Put-in Bay. If I'm flyin, I can make it the extra mile or two. It'll just give me an excuse to stop in Cinci and Columbus to see some family for a fuel /potty stop.

Keven
________
Lamborghini Athon History (http://www.lamborghini-tech.com/wiki/Lamborghini_Athon)

Wayne Pearce
06-05-02, 06:00 PM
How about Tasmania, serious, 'cause its close to me

Keven
06-09-02, 09:32 PM
Wayne:

Where in the Great Lakes is Tasmania? Beats the "devil" out of me. Alright, not that funny, but it was an attempt that someone needed to make.

What's the status of trying to plan something? I'd like to get something together for Summer / Fall. Anyone still interested?

Keven
________
TOYOTA MARK II HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Mark_II)

kevin
06-09-02, 09:48 PM
I am hoping to get to see some of you folks at Oshkosh, and I will be at Arlington, for those of you who live on the proper side of the Rockies (the side farthest from Washington DC). Oshkosh will blow my travel budget (time AND money, I have to work sometime, sadly), so as much as we love Mackinaw, we'll have to miss that. I also plan to be at AOPA in Palm Springs later this year, if that appeals to anyone.

Tasmania would be REALLY super, but getting the tanks installed, installing the bunk, bathroom and exercise gym in the back of the airplane for my wife, well, it just seems a bit more than we can manage this year. But it is a GOOD idea...

Kevin (as opposed to Keven, spelling matters on this site :-D )

Dale Campbell
06-11-02, 08:45 AM
How about the Airforce Museum in Dayton, Oh. It is the largest air museum in the east. They have every aircraft you can think of, from the Wright Brothers to B-52, SR-71, all experamentals. It would take you 3 days to see it all. They have shops for the wifes & even a picnic area outside for the wife & kids. I flew into Green Co. airport about 10 minutes away. they have a nice little airport & very nice to work with. Call ahead for car or they will get you one in only 10 min. if you don't call. Great place to meet.

Bob Cook
06-11-02, 05:15 PM
Good idea for the "guys"
my wife would say "enjoy yourself", mind you, she had a ball in NYC last week (perk... +1.5 points). still not enough to get her to Dayton. Too bad they didn't have an outlet mall on the premises. Would attract a lot more visitors.......

honestly, I would end up coming alone....

Bob

Don Hickman
06-11-02, 10:47 PM
Been wanting an excuse to go to Dayton to see the airplanes. So what's so bad about going alone???

Bob Cook
06-11-02, 10:51 PM
Don

Nothing.

I can get away, after 33 yrs it's easy!............................
pick a date, better yet meet in OSH.

Bob

Don Hickman
06-11-02, 10:54 PM
33 years?? Me, too. I didn't think you were that old!!

Bob Cook
06-12-02, 07:21 AM
Actually 34.5 yrs.
let's seel who else is interested.
bob

Keven
06-12-02, 11:17 PM
C'mon fellas!! We gotta do better than that. I grew up in Columbus, Ohio, and you're just going to have to trust me, nothing good can come from Dayton. We'd probably have to go to a grocery store at night to get an "exotic" beer like Miller Lite.

Alright, I'll give ya that seeing the planes would be cool . . . but didn't someone say something about an ISLAND?

Keven
________
Buy Vaporizer (http://www.vaporshop.com)

Don Hickman
06-12-02, 11:27 PM
Island, schmiland. (?)

Well, I would have to admit that I don't really care where we meet and therefore anyplace is fine with me. But you have to remember that as far as islands go I'm building a house on one so in and of itself an island rendevous isn't exactly a big attraction. Now seeing the planes in Dayton, well, that's an attraction. But wherever the group wants to meet is ok by me. Just let me know far enough in advance. It's tough resetting all those court dates.

Jerry De Santis
06-13-02, 04:39 PM
I been to both Mackinaw and Dayton several times and will go to both again. However, to get together as a group, Mackinaw will be my choice. Reason, when you go to Dayton, with the exception of one day a year, you can not land at the air force base and the closest airport is Springfield. Must rent car and drive about 20 minutes.

Bob and Don. You guys are youngsters! 40 years for me this September, and a great 40 it has been.
Cheers
Jerry

Bob Cook
06-13-02, 08:23 PM
Jerry

40 yrs HUH? You just started early......

Re Makinaw, I left you some dates. Suggest fly in sat and out sun. Need to book hotels if ur going to stay on the island otherwise Makinaw City would be closest alternative. We used to boat to Makinaw and hit the island when the race was on. Party.... for sure.

Don't recommend the race weekend which is end of July (thats OSH weekend anyway.

So pick a date guys and bring out wives...

Bob