PDA

View Full Version : Ifr / Faa

WebMaster
06-14-02, 09:31 AM
Had a message on my answering machine, from the FAA, last night. Talked with them this morning and wanted to pass it along for all who might find it pertinent/interesting (Don). The examiner put "instrument, multi engine, centerline thrust only" on the ticket. FAA Okie City says that since I had multi, originally, there should be no CLT restriction on the instrument ticket. It's being passed to FAA Washington for resolution.

GEEZ, I didn't want to become a celebrity with the FAA!!!

Where's Keven?? Don, are you available??

Bob Cook
06-14-02, 10:10 AM
Larry.

I had a multi engine rating that lapsed.
When I rewrote the instrument rating for the 337 they endorsed it for multi not just CLT although I did the ride in a 337. I do not have any restrictions /Sounds correct.

If you have not had a multi rating before then I may be difficult to get it without a reride.

just my comments

bob

SkyKing
06-14-02, 05:40 PM
Hey Larry,

NO BIG DEAL... you're not going to be flying anything except the Skymaster anyway, right!!!

Remember, conventional twins that lose one engine take you to the scene of the accident almost every time.

SkyKing

WebMaster
06-14-02, 10:05 PM
Yeah, you're right, no big deal, but I just didn't expect to be a topic of conversation with FAA / Washington. Heck, I can't even fly there! :-)

WebMaster
06-15-02, 12:19 PM
Except, we are going to go look at an A-26 Invader next week.

Bob Cook
06-19-02, 06:28 PM
This is a "mooney" aircraft. Caught Larry in an A-26 smiling at us.

Can you recognize Larry in this pic ?

Bob

WebMaster
06-19-02, 10:15 PM
Bob, I clearly remember that was you!!
Thanks for the really cool picture.

WebMaster
07-19-02, 08:31 PM
I finally heard from the FAA today, and they have decided that I have a private pilot, multi engine, instrument rating. No CLT restriction.

Keven
07-20-02, 02:57 PM
Larry:

Shoot, you should know I'm always available for ya. I called the FAA in Washington to make sure they knew who they were dealing with;)

I'm sure that's why you got the prompt call back.

Keven
________
Bmw m102 history (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_M102)