PDA

View Full Version : Oshkosh Message Center

kevin
06-20-02, 05:24 PM
For those of us going to Oshkosh, I have set up a message center that we can use to communicate with each other. It is a telephone voice mail system (thru Yahoo). The idea is that through the day I will record all the information I get (as I get it) in the greeting for the voicemail. Then anyone that calls will receive the information, and can also leave a message that I will make part of the next update. The idea is, we can leave up to date information on where we are meeting, who has arrived, and where they are parked.

Try it out. Call 800-MYYAHOO (800-699-2466). When the machine answers, press #, then enter the mailbox number 3363370202. You will hear the recorded greeting, and can leave a message. If you want, skip the message by pressing # once it starts to play. If 200 of you try to leave a message, I imagine it will get full quick ;-).

BTW, you can "say" the mailbox number as well as press the touch tone keys. Yahoo has a pretty talented voice recognition system.

I am also working on getting us some "tent time" to give us an informal place to meet.

Any suggestions, I am always interested in hearing them. Bob made some others in another message, this weekend I will try to pull together an "Oshkosh page" with everything on it (except onions and pickles).

Kevin