PDA

View Full Version : Larry's flying

WebMaster
06-19-02, 10:07 PM
Thanks, GMAS. I really appreciate your input as always.

But, what 1011's? I don't recall seeing those? What did ATC say? Let's see if I can remember some more responses from the TC meeting. You guys had me going.

GMAs
06-20-02, 12:34 PM
Well ATC said.... multiple targets converging .... and I can see how come them guys go out on medicals... with all that shouting and demanding stuff... after all we do fly real careful like... but, heck.. we had at least 25 feet clearance... I just can't understand why the kept calling and bothering us... after all we were having a good flight... they finally told the 1011 to move.. which they should have in the first place... after all we had the right of way.... and that captain just probably was trying to throw his weight around.. you know how lazy them guys get watching their price is right show...now that they have the TVs' in the cockpit... guess he never read the rules of the road or maybe he forgot them after he turned 70 years old.. you know how them old foggies are... their either catching up on their sleep or they use the memeory thing for a excuse not have to do anything... Oh ya I E mailed the airline and let them know they were missing 3 rivits on the bottom pannel and two 10-32 counters sunk screws in the bulkhead behind the wheels... but, that all the engines looked real good as we could see the compressor impellers from the short distance... I think one of the passengers took our picture too... as I saw a flash from inside... and some guy must have liked your plane real well because several were displaying the international piece sign in their windows... I didn't know if you wanted to recipcate or just ignore them... so I quit looking.... the 337 sure is a stable platform... and it never dievated from its original course... it was great... best part I liked was the choclate home made 6 layer cake... it was messy and next time we should have milk... to wash it down...instead of soda... and if I were you I would make CokeaCola pay for the clean up.. inside the plane... overpressurization of their can when we opened it... clearly it must have been a manufacturing error... glad that I remembered to open it away from me... sorry it got in your eyes.... and blinded you ... sorry also that the doctor took back the seeing eye dog... I kinda thought it was pretty good that he gave you one that already knew how to fly... probably saved ya some big bucks because you didn't have to send it to flight school... but, glad to hear that your eyesight came back again.... I would try and keep them dark glasses... as you know how the sun keeps blinding ya... and they do block out the light... oh well... lets do it again sometime... how come you keep mentioning something about the moon turning blue... soon... smile...n_n

GMAs...

WebMaster
06-21-02, 11:07 AM
That dog has really helped my flying, but I just wish he'd learn to fly IFR, and not get so excited when we do. Like yesterday, when I took Kathryn to Beaver Island ( sounds like a good place for a 2 tail fly - in), when we left we were solid in clouds, I could tell that because he was moving around a lot. Then when we broke out of the clouds, we must have been low, because he howled and lifted his leg on me.
I got to teach him to fly IFR, and not get so excited.

GMAs
06-21-02, 11:34 AM
Ahhhh... yep the dog probably was flying with limited instruments ... to fly IFR you need to have a couple of addtional items.... a duck... a cat.... and a ground hog....

Oh you want to know how this works... well everyone knows that ducks know their way around in the air... so the dog just watches the duck point in the direction.... the cat is for determineing which way is down... as we all know that if you throw a cat up in the air it always lands on its feet... so the dog watches to see which way the cat is ... to determine which way is down... orentation... oh ya the ground hog... well...

seems that the ground hog is their to dig you out of the ground after you plant the plane...

and the dog... well its their to manage the the other animals... and bite the pilot if he touches any of the controls...

You were lucky that he only lifted his leg... on you... most of the time when you get in trouble they want to sit in your lap... and leave you a message... letting you know what they think of the situation... smile...

WebMaster
06-21-02, 04:39 PM
I didn't start this thread.
I don't know who did.
It wasn't me.
And, as everyone who was at TC knows, I am a very skilled pilot.
Besides, that 1011 wasn't that close.

GMAs
06-21-02, 05:09 PM
what 1011... nope..nope... never saw it officer... oh this thing... its a boomarang... ya I know it looks like a 1011 antenna but, ya couldn't prove it by me... where did I get it.... ahhhhh God gave it to me... honest.... ask the duck and the cat... they were their... oh don't worry about that growling dog... he just does that... smile... I know nothinggggg.... hee hee...

kevin
06-21-02, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by larry bowdish
And, as everyone who was at TC knows, I am a very skilled pilot.

Especially the guy replacing the top of that tree next to the hotel.

[chuckle]

Kevin

GMAs
06-21-02, 05:44 PM
Yep... Yep.... I kinda thought it stange that Larry flys over and all the nuts fall off the trees.... ahhh errrrr out of them... ahhhh errrr ... must have been one of them tree things... that they automatically do... to protect themselves... smile... but, he is a very proficcent safe low level flying pilot... so he says... at least he keeps both wings level because both trees are now the same height... and he never charged them for the trim job... all they have to do now ....is figure out how to get the nuts back up on them again and they will be set... for the next show... its a shame they don't have any duck tape...

And I am sure that someone else saw the duck flying with him because when I heard them say ... here comes larry...$#@! DUCK... I couldn't make out what they were saying as their was too much noise from him going over... but, I am sure he missed their comments and all when he went so fast... smile...

Bob Cook
06-21-02, 06:03 PM
GMAS et AL

You should know they were NOT nuts. they were coconuts in the trees.

Fruits and Nuts come from California, not the Bahamas.

The fact Larry was trying to make out road signs (of which there are none) and the fact he was driving on the wrong side of the highway (or almost) was totally irrelevant. Sure good thing the tallest structure was 300 ft as he would have strained his neck trying to look up at anything taller.

Maybe he (Larry) was trying to mascarade as a large BIRD of some sort.... but he needs to flap his wings...

Bob

GMAs
06-21-02, 06:27 PM
Ohhhh.... camoflauge... I seee now... that is why he had them tree branches stuck all over the plane when it went over...but, you know michigan doesn't have any greenery in the winter time... its all white...and snow... so how was the brush and lims...camo... going to help hide him... I kinda thought it strange that he would want to take all that brush back to Michigan with him... with all that drag n all... You know now that you mention it... he did have that expression of a deer caught in the headlights of a mac truck... look... ahhhh thanks for letting me know about the road signs... bob... by the way... where was the road... for the signs to be on... my driver got stuck in the sand twice on the way their... maybe they need to have a sign... with a arrow... saying.... road... or was that super high way....??? I kinda liked the one that was on the TV tower as we came in that said... airport ahead...1000 ft... and pointed down... in three languages.... smile...

WebMaster
06-21-02, 06:38 PM
You know, what really got me was when the 1011 driver said "I'm a professional pilot"... All he had to do was turn off the TV, and the autopilot that we all know was really flying that thing, and join up in formation. When I first saw him, I thought that's what he was trying to do. Just like the 2 F-15's on my side. Little did I know he was just trying to cut in front of us.

And ATC calling wake turbulence. We weren't going to cause him any wake turbulence, if he bothered to read the AIM. Just slow it down. Any "professional" pilot shoud know how to avoid wake turbulence. And think about this, the way that guy was so irate, imagine if this happens next year, and he's one of those pistol packing pilots. Can you see it, he opens the window, starts yelling at us, then starts shooting? Here's the question. If he leans out the window and starts shooting, when the empty shells eject from his UZI, won't the FAA write him up for dropping something from the plane? On final for FLL, it looked like we were over a populated area, and he's not supposed to drop something from the plane, is he?

And when he asked ATC if they knew what the stall speed was, I thought they gave him a good answer "No, but if you ask you're co-pilot, I be he knows". That sure shut that professional pilot up.

You know, I think the passengers were not giving us the peace sign. I think they were smart enough to figure out that we were number one, and they just wanted us to know. :-)

Oh, I'm reminded about sending an email. I meant to send on to the airforce. You know, it was hard to see after you shot the coke in my eyes, but I think that the close in F-15 pilot needed a shave. Maybe it was the fuzz in my eyes, but i think he did. And, I'm pretty sure that the lead pilot needed a little paint added around the intakes, it seemed to be a bit flaky there. Oh, and what were the hand signals from them? The one guy kept pointing down, and of course we were going to land, that's why we were on final. I just don't get it.

They were real nice to us when we were on the ground, bringing a lot of their Army buddies to meet us, but I thought that the helicopter should have landed, instead of hovering. Maybe the pilot of the helicopter hadn't gotten to the landing part of his training? Do you suppose he's another one of those "professional" pilots?

It was an adventure wasn't it? Next year, we'll bring the duck!!
If you ride with us again, I'll leave the dog home!!

WebMaster
06-21-02, 09:18 PM
You're right Bob, I was looking for road signs. Couldn't tell exactly which way the airport was from where I was. So, I said to Brad, hey, there must be a road sign, and you know what, there isn't.

As for the coconuts, I have it from a reliable and trusted authority that there was a siesmic anomally, that occured just as I was lining up to look for road signs. That caused the coconuts to fall from the tree. All those coconuts falling from the tree triggered a massive disturbance of the local locust population. They, in turn, being confused, and not exactly sure what to do, attacked the upper branches of all the trees in my direct route of flight. It was all this big massive nature thing, I'm sure.

Fortunately, I missed all those locusts, so I didn't get any on my windshield. There were a few of them that jumped thousands of feet in the air, however, and ended up on the bottom of my plane.

It's easy to see why people thought I was much lower than I was, what with all the green locusts on the bottom of my plane, but it wasn't any tree stuff, just a bunch of locusts :-)

Right, BRAD??

Jerry De Santis
06-23-02, 02:30 PM
No tree stuff---just green locusts---I agree!!! I know Larry and he is a very skilled pilot. You guys should get off of his back. He never flies low and he is always up on his paper work and keeps everyone informed. Even the customs people enjoyed meeting Larry when he let TC. Said they didn't have that much fun talking to him since Clinton left the White House!! He brings the best out of everybody.
Cheers
Jerry

GMAs
06-24-02, 01:18 PM
Ya I thought those video pictures of the custom agents beating on him with rubber wands...were good action shots.... great photography... real clear and explesive...and of course the sound was real clear... you could just hear the smack of the hoses on his body... and the clairity... wow.. the one kept saying ... the beating will contenue until you get it right.... of course that was not the TC customs people that was our own... at FLL .... welcoming him back to the states... after larry regained consciousness... and was helped back to his plane... I thought wow... now their is a guy that loves and can take a real beating/punishment... their is no doubt that larry is a good skilled pilot... its also also probaby why he doesn't move real fast anymore... something about the pain factor... but then again with all that pain killer medicine... no wonder he has a hard time seeing and figuring out where he is... let alone how high he is flying... his wife said on a phone interview... even sitting in his chair... as he sits their for hours druling and making airplane engine sounds... he probably feels high... almost every on of them pill he is taking for the pain...no low powered stuff for larry... only the best for him which he now includes in his pre-flight actions... if they are not on the sergons generals list of what not to take before flying... their not strong enough... but, Larry being the skilled pilot he is...is tough... and he keeps 'em gussing if he took his pain pill before flight or after he gets back... because they go for hours and days...

but, wait.. he gets home and the beatings contenue... with his flight instructor... "I just don't see how he keeps it up..." said his wife... "I too had to go get one of them no marking rubber hoses made by good year..." as she contenued ..."he has gotten to the point that I have to contenually whip him back into shape.. when he gets home..." now that is a real good wife.. to take the time to help him get back into shape... wow... I picture play dough.. but as his wife said...in her excellent discription..." no..no... more like a lumpy batch of pancake mix... shaking like its experancing a 6.0 earthquake...." as she contenued....." somewhere in the mix is larry..."

No wonder we never hear from him... he never gets on and writes much any more... when we asked his wife... why she said..."probably because of all them broken fingers ... when he tried to reach out and touch someone..."... "but, his skill level IS... improving..." she went on to say "he now can dial the phone with the pencil in his mouth... to push the button..."

she added..." now if he can train the duck to type on the computer... not being like the chicken which used to go after the corn kernal... causing the key to be pushed... the duck... isn't intrested in pecking that hard... something about it hurts it beak... when asked about what happened to the chicken... his wife replied "...oh the chicken flew away with the cat... after larry made the mistake of instead of the kernal of corn gave it some of his pain killers...as he probably couldn't tell the differance between them..." so the duck is now it...and larry... feeling it was in pain... gave it one of his pain killers too..." She contenued..." but, it started to act strange also...because it likes to do the back stroke laps across the living room floor...".. when asked about the dog... she said..."the dog just sits in the corner and growls... when ever the duck starts looking at it... in that special way... after taking one of Larrys pain killer..."... when asked how strong they were.. she replied..." must be pretty good... as he doesn't require much maintance...at night... he just sits their in front of the TV ... all night watching the test patterns and thinks they are flight instruments in his plane......" She chuckeld...." one night something happened to the TV set... and the horzontal hold got off whack and went sideways... and larry fell out of the chair... yelling mayday... mayday... were going down... where the hell is ATC when you need them..."... she said that he took her hose and went into the dungon and beat himself up for hours..."

She contenued " I enjoy helping him contenue to develope his skill level... I gave some thought about remodeling one of the rooms off the den... but, found larry doesn't take up much room... and besides why waist the money remodeling the dungon..." she said... " I found the perfict place for him...after I removed the brooms ... he fits well in the closet... a little padding and sound proofing so the yelling doesn't starttle and keep the neighbors awake at night... I think it will work out well... for him..." she said... " by next year he should be well trained".... Hmmmmm now thats interesting... keep up the training their larry...