PDA

View Full Version : Best Fly n Carne Asada

Ed Lutz
07-26-06, 05:50 PM
Hello all you surf and turf lovers,

Just wanted to share that the best tasting Carne Asada (grilled flank steak) and sea food is served up at "Rosa's Plane Food" located at Calexico, CA (KCLX). The service is fair, but the food is great! Fly in and park directly in front just to the West of the resturant. Just don't park on the yellow line infront of the terminal, that's reserved for U.S. Customs.

The portions are large and can easliy be share by two. Price's are low. Ya need to be hungry! Lots of chips and salsa served up free.

Enjoy...

Ed

big al 08
07-28-06, 04:59 PM
when does ocotillo wells reastraunt open for the seson, any tips for landing there?

Ed Lutz
07-31-06, 02:46 PM
Big Al 08,

The Desert Rose Cafe is closed for the summer, but will be open in mid October. Landing at Ocotillo Wells (L90) is not bad for a soft dirt field, just aviod the area after a rain. Lots of dune buggies and ATV's during the winter crossing the field so circle before you land. Use caution when parking, avoid ruts and holes.

The Food is great and well worth the flight.

Eddie

big al 08
07-31-06, 03:18 PM
thank you, will give it a try in oct. rick

Ed Lutz
07-31-06, 03:21 PM
Let me know when you plan to come over, I'll meet you there.

Eddie

big al 08
07-31-06, 04:12 PM
i can do that. i go up to yuma every two weeks or so and to mexicali. never seem to make it to imperial. i see sun western flyers from yuma is now there too. maybe sometime when i'm around about i'll see if we cn hook up..rick