PDA

View Full Version : Microswitches, my new nightmare.

Richard
07-14-02, 08:45 PM
Let me tell you how lucky you are for having AP's in your area. I live in a fairly small area, with no AP's in the area. I import my help from Portland 4.5 hours away. The only time they can work on the plane in on the weekends. So, that said. It's been a long uphill battle. We are getting close, but found a new snag. The landing gear doesn't work now. Turns out it was time for the downlock micro switch on the main landing gear to stop working. Oh joy! So... we need a new one.

Has anyone found a good source, original manufacture, or other for these switches?

Should I go ahead a replace the other switches since they all are about 40 years old?

In particular, it is the spring steel on the switch that is twisted and bad. It lists a part number for just that part. Should I just replace the spring and keep the switch?

I appreciate the advice. I'm all alone in aviation in my part of the world.

Richard

Richard

Bob Cook
07-14-02, 10:48 PM
This is readily available from the local jobber. You should be able to take it in and show it to them. They are also avail thru Cessna and perhaps thru Yingling in Witchita if you need on quickly. There are other suppliers on the board that could help out.

If it is misadjusted you could have the unit pack up the way it did. You should be able to straighten out with needle nose pliers if not totally broken. You will need to do a retraction test to make sure it makes and breaks properly. It is something that the IA should be looking after. Doesn't stop you flying to him with the gear down.

No you do not need to replace them all. I would make sure they are in good shape physically and not cracked. The rollers on the end of the arms should be free. Should look for broken and freyed wires as well.

I am sure GMAS can add something but this should get you started.

Bob