PDA

View Full Version : New O2 owner!!!

OSCARDEUCE
07-19-02, 06:50 PM
Hi All,
Found this site and love it I bought a 68 O2-A with all the extras I have 14 hours in it and am ready for my check ride. Any hints for the checkride from you skymaster folks? My O2 served in 21 TASS at least 4 bullet holes!! I found a picture of it in SEA too.
Keep 'em fly'n
Tom

kevin
07-19-02, 07:32 PM
Congratulations, and welcome to the site Tom!

Kevin

WebMaster
07-20-02, 08:34 AM
Practice single engine stuff, know what the zero thrust settings are. Check ride should be a piece of cake. Are you going for your multi checkride in the O-2?
If you can make OSH, you'll find it informative and of course very cool.

08-20-02, 11:33 AM
My O2a was in the same group... AF11122, Havent made it down to Maxwell AFB Lib Archive yet to find out the rest of the story...

Darrell
N102JD/AF11122

Jerry De Santis
08-21-02, 06:11 PM
When on the check ride with one engine out (zero thrust) make sure you stay at or above blue line. Below blue line speed with one engine you will not be able to climb and thus if you find yourself in that configuration, you must lower the nose and dive to increase speed then you can climb as long as you stay at or above blue line speed. Always keep in mind that the skymaster is a TWIN ENGINE aircraft and as such, the pilot must stay on top of it at all times. Also, on the humorous side of things, any landing you get to walk away from is a good landing. And, if you get to fly the plane again, its a great landing!Cheers
Jerry
N34EC;)

WebMaster
08-22-02, 04:58 PM
Also, getting below blue line, and staying there, on a check ride, will result in a fail.