PDA

View Full Version : Ok.. Ok... lets see if the rest feel this way...

GMAs
08-25-02, 10:03 PM
I got a heated E mail... message saying that I was writing and treating them like they were kids... and wanted me to stop with the "belittlements and enundos"... hmmm I didn't know I was doing that... after all I only pick on Larry his duck, dog and cat...and Kevin... most of the time... and that is only in jest... but, how do the rest of you feel... do I write so as to talk down to you or do you think it is ... ???

Let me know as I don't want to offend or "belittle" anyone... on the web... if I get carried away... let me know... and I will stop... GMAs...

WebMaster
08-25-02, 10:24 PM
Tell them to stuff it.

I'm taking the dog to IFR class next week, so he can help me fly.
My buddy's over at the FAAAAAAA say it's no big deal for him to get his license.

The duck has been redrawn, and it's on the plane.
This is what he looks like now.
So, if you see him coming, you know what to do. Oh, and if I were you, I'd stay out of the trees.

WebMaster
08-25-02, 11:02 PM
Hey, you going to fly with us for the east coast thing next year?

I think we should have it at DCA, since it's kinda on the coast, and we could find a good meeting place there. Otherwise, I vote for TC, like last year. TC would be better for a low level flier like me.

Hey, did I tell you I got a new thing to help me when I fly IFR (I Follow Roads)? It's a radar detector, with the detector mounted on the bottom, and the warning display mounted on the dash, so when it lights up , I know to climb up to 500 feet.

MikeZ
08-25-02, 11:37 PM
Don't sweat it..... I've read your stuff for years, sometimes I laugh, sometimes I concentrate to learn, sometimes I marvel that you are so intense, but all the time I'm grateful you share your experience (and wisdom). Those who don't appreciate it, do like a TV and change the channel.

mike zinn

Don Hickman
08-25-02, 11:50 PM
What? GMAS belittle someone?? Surely they jest!! After all, I'm the one who's flying a plane with crapped out mags and GMAS oh so kindly points out that it's my responsibility. Hmmmm.

No, GMAS, I would say that you shouldn't change a thing in your posts. I always enjoy reading them, they are extremely informative and I've learned a lot this last year from you. Please keep up the good work. And for those whose skin is just too sensitive, well, like MikeZ said, they can change the channel.

Besides, if you weren't giving Larry and the duck hell, we'd think something was wrong!

(just what is it with Larry and that duck anyway?)

Don

Don Hickman
08-25-02, 11:54 PM
Oh, yes, the flyby! I had forgotten about how Larry took the leaves off the palm trees!

Now we know why Larry wants to go back to the Bahamas. He wants to see if he can put the leaves back on the next pass.

Alan Williams
08-26-02, 01:34 AM
GMAS
Thanks for just saying things the way they pop out. i,ve read you for a number of years and want to say thanks for the dedication to giving good helpfull info.
People need to keep in mind this is an electronic forum and while the intended message is not always clear I have never read a first offering I felt was meant to be offensive. The same may not always be true for replies so one should be carefull in crafting and reading these.
By the way Im feeling totally offended (tongue in cheek) that no one other than skyking has had any comment on my oil filter housing thing.

SkyKing
08-26-02, 02:36 AM
The technical expertise and 337 insight is the widsom we seek, no matter how it comes out, so KEEP ON TRUCKIN' Gmas. As they say, you win some and lose some and those with thin skins shouldn't even think about owning and operating a 337. Sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction, and we all need a dose of reality... before the Sxxx hits the fan!

SkyKing

jcthomas
08-26-02, 08:37 AM
GMAS keep up with the great material you give all of us here. I can use all you have to give including some good satire. I don't know about anybody else, but I can use a little laugh once in a while when I have some of the issues facing me with the repairs on my plane.

John

Dale Campbell
08-26-02, 08:56 AM
I live on the right coast & enjoy reading all the comment from all of you. I learn a lot, and enjoy having the feeling of being a part of a great group that love to have fun flying 337's. I want so much to be with you all on one of the fly-ins. My business has not let me do that yet. If some people get ticked off reading a comment that had a little hummer attached. Than don't read it. This old fart gets a laugh out of it.

Mark Hislop
08-26-02, 09:34 AM
GMAS:

I think you say it like it is. There's nothing wrong with that.

Mark

Bob Cook
08-26-02, 10:15 AM
GMAS

Never an issue even when you chew me out! <G>.

Kevin will keep you honest since he is the moderator and keeper of the text...

bob

Keven
08-26-02, 10:17 AM
GMAS, it takes a lot more than what you've ever said to offend the likes of me. Of course . . . maybe I'm not offended because I understand only about 1/3 of it;)

Seriously, you've done a great job as long as I've been associated with the Board, and I always look forward to your posts.

Keven
________
Maine Marijuana Dispensaries (http://maine.dispensaries.org/)

John C. Noone
08-26-02, 04:31 PM
When the engines stop with full fuel and all the seats
occupied she does not fly for long.....so how do we
keep this from happening? By listening and learning
whenever we can. I am new to the site but am very
happy to get advice anyway I can get it. Thanks to all
guys and GMAS-continue on-your experience is needed
on this site and should be appreciated by all that you
take the time to give it.
John C. Noone

Jerry De Santis
08-26-02, 06:21 PM
GMA, we're all big guys and gals out here and the advise you give helps us all, just keep it coming.
Jerry
N34EC:D

Jerry De Santis
08-26-02, 06:25 PM
Hey Larry, nice duck you have there. Do you know what happens when a duck flys upside down?? It quacks up!!! :D

Tony Giantonio
08-26-02, 06:59 PM
I think you should stop listening to those who wine just to hear themselves talk. Im realative new here and have enjoyed all that I see. I have been an aircraft mechanic on fixed-wing and helicopters for years and I learn something new all the time. I do not own a 337/02 but will soon. I fell in love with this aircraft and am so happy there is a place where I can learn about that plane.

Tell it like it is. Thanks.

Tony G.

Guy Paris
08-26-02, 09:10 PM
Gmas:

Dido-Dido-and-Dido to all the above. It sure makes me remember

the important things that have been brought up when you

respond with the style that you have. Wish you were in my neck

of the woods. Many, many thanks, and please keep up the GOOD

WORK and SERVICE that you provide. Guy Paris....N1312L....

stackj
08-27-02, 06:59 AM
GMAS,

Keep it coming. You can pick on me whenever anyone else is complaining. Thanks for a lot of good information.

Translation for Larry:

Quack Quack Qvack Braaak Qvack!!

WebMaster
08-27-02, 08:31 AM
Oh, Jim and Jenny, you folks are just jealous that Jenny works for that other federal agency, instead of the friendly folks at the Federal Authority for Allowing Animals in Aviation Activities!