PDA

View Full Version : Front Prop Hub 1965 337

brian
01-28-10, 12:09 PM
Hi folks, looking for serviceable hub for front prop 1965 337, sn 0025.

Thanks;
Brian
281-468-7755

hharney
01-28-10, 06:25 PM
Who have you talked to? Did you call Don Nieser at Commodore Aero?

brian
01-28-10, 08:16 PM
Who have you talked to? Did you call Don Nieser at Commodore Aero?

Herb, I am in contact with Don at Commodore and "The Prop Shop" folks on his website. Also with a fellow in Canada from this forum. Have located 2 overhaul props at $7500 and $8500 via those contacts. A new hub is estimated to be about $4000 or so, although I will not know for sure until next week. (Possibly a long lead time, like 6 months on the hub or new prop?) Plus overhaul cost, I suppose of $3000 or so, putting me back over $7000 total. My prop is disassembled in Erie Colo. at Rocky Mountain props.

This was a learning thing for me. Noticed some red oil dripping from the prop. Local mechanic said that sometimes happens after sitting and they sometimes re-seal after a longer flight. But it was past TBO calendar and hourwise so we sent the prop in as part of the annual inspection. So, I sort of figured this could happen, have often heard of corroded blades, or hub during these things. Apparently my blades are okay, but hub has too much corrosion. A re-seal job for the rear prop (5 years since new) has crossed my mind as a result of this. If I hit the lottery this week I would go ahead and put new 3 blade composites on front and rear. :)

Brian

hharney
01-28-10, 10:57 PM
Expensive toys we have............go for the MT's, you'll love em.

Well, just to give you something else to think about, when I decided to have my props checked I sent front and rear in for inspection and the shop condemned all 4 blades and one hub could not be re-built. That's what started the shopping spree in Germany for the MT's. Now I have 6 years on them and it's time for OH all the MT's. I will fly the plane to Florida in March for the overhaul at MT's USA service center and then fly home on Delta. When I return in April to pick up the plane it will go to Sun N' Fun for SPRING BREAK with all it's cousins. Get yours ready and come join us.

Good Luck on the hub

brian
01-29-10, 08:51 AM
Expensive toys we have............go for the MT's, you'll love em.

Well, just to give you something else to think about, when I decided to have my props checked I sent front and rear in for inspection and the shop condemned all 4 blades and one hub could not be re-built. That's what started the shopping spree in Germany for the MT's. Now I have 6 years on them and it's time for OH all the MT's. I will fly the plane to Florida in March for the overhaul at MT's USA service center and then fly home on Delta. When I return in April to pick up the plane it will go to Sun N' Fun for SPRING BREAK with all it's cousins. Get yours ready and come join us.

Good Luck on the hub

So did you go for 2 or 3 blades? What performance differences did you notice as far as climb and cruise? I am sure they are very smooth and quiet. Actually I dont buy lottery tickets but you have inspired me to go buy a few powerball tix.

brian
08-12-10, 11:10 PM
I ended up locating a new hub. It was around $4500 as I recall.
Brian

akramfly
02-07-11, 09:25 PM
hi ,i got a perfect hob for your 337,,,the cost is 3700,im in bolivia ,,
my fone number is 591 708 32211,,,i need 2 blades for my front engine prop do you know whom to call or contact ,,,thanks
akram

akramfly
02-07-11, 09:33 PM
hi brian
do you still got the condemned blades,and are they for the front engine,,if so please give me an estimate if they never had accident,,,thnx
akram

FRED MARQUEZ
11-14-11, 04:38 PM
I have a set of Front and back props 4 sale
email me at turbofrix@hotmail.com
manuel