PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Toy

Dale Campbell
09-12-02, 11:14 AM
I just got back from a ride in the ultimate toy. A Russian L-39-c jet advanced fighter trainer. He left my ass somewhere up there in the clouds. He took me through 4G turns first to check my reaction. Than barrel rolls, inside loops, & snap rolls. All with 4 G turns. Than a fast climb to 8,000 ft followed by a inverted dive back to earth at 400 knots with a mach attack on a old barn followed by a hard break left & climb out with the G meter reading 5.8 G that one left my blood in my ass cheeks & I went to tunnel vision. After that we leveled out at 4000 ft. He said how was that. My reply was great. He than did 5 quick snap rolls with a inverted dive back to the airport with a low pass over the runway, pulled up 4 G turn to the right to kill the speed, inverted pulled speed brakes poped the gear out when we where upside down rolled out dropped flaps. We where down wind to runway at 150 knots, turned final at 120 knots & landed at 100 knots. Sure made this old farts day.

Guy Paris
09-12-02, 12:24 PM
Dale, When I was still gainefully employed, one of my colleges had a P51, some might remember him. He operated it as Stallion 51 I believe, flew with him quite a bit, not in the P51 thou. He , Doug Shultz is no longer with us, some sort of a misshap in a MIG.... I don't believe they ever found him. Another fellow had Yack with a big engine in it. More recently he has a L-39 or a 29, not sure. I did wonder if we worked for the same company........Guy old72driver....