PDA

View Full Version : AND NOW A WROD FROM THE People over at our security office...

GMAs
09-13-02, 11:45 AM
You know the ones that sit up in their offices and make up new rules ... without reguards to what it causes... this one should not be allowed to get away without a note to the congressman... for question...

TSA Can Get You... Without Telling You When/Where
TSA Steps Up TFR Enforcement But Continues a "Catch 22" That Could Trap Pilots. As Skyking will probably say....1984 is here... 18 years behind schedule.
The hard working folks at AOPA reported that TSA told them on Sept. 10 that
there is "an enormous seriousness to TFRs" and warned pilots not to violate any
temporary flight restriction area. But at the same time, TSA is continuing a "Catch
22" that could lead to the prosecution of innocent pilots. The catch is this:
They won't tell you exactly where and when the TFR is in force, but they can
"violate" you if you happen to stumble through a "stealth" TFR. AOPA is continuing its
fight to eliminate this Catch 22.
The issue is NOTAM 1/3353, the infamous "blanket" sporting event(s) TFR
prohibiting general aviation from flying within three nautical miles and below 3,000
feet agl of all large open-air gatherings. That NOTAM effectively closes
nontowered airports near stadiums during events. But the FAA NOTAM system does not
alert pilots to the locations or times of these events.
"For months AOPA has been insisting that the TSA eliminate or revise
this NOTAM because the wording is vague, confusing, and virtually unenforceable," said
Andy Cebula, AOPA senior vice president for Government and Technical Affairs.
"Pilots cannot be reasonably expected to comply with a NOTAM that is absolutely
devoid of any information about the thousands of events presumably 'protected' by
this 'blanket' restriction."
For example, there are more than 22 nontowered GA airports within 3 nm of
Division 1A college football stadiums seating 50,000 or more people. And there are
literally thousands of minor league stadiums, high school athletic fields, and
fairgrounds within 3 miles of airports, and very few of them are marked on aeronautical
charts.
"Even worse, TSA cannot define what constitutes a 'large open air
gathering,'" said Cebula. "The NOTAM must be made specific; it must permit aircraft
to land and take off from nontowered airports using designated traffic
patterns, and the government must tell pilots of the specific events they must avoid."

Here is the Notam....

1/3353 - ... SPECIAL NOTICE ... FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 99.7, SPECIAL SECURITY
INSTRUCTIONS. THIS IS A RESTATEMENT OF A PREVIOUS RESTRICTION. ALL AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS ARE
PROHIBITED WITHIN A THREE NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS/ 3000 FEET AGL AND BELOW OVER ANY MAJOR
PROFESSIONAL OR COLLEGIATE SPORTING EVENT OR ANY OTHER MAJOR OPEN AIR ASSEMBLY OF PEOPLE
UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY ATC. WIE (in Effect) UNTIL UFN (further notice)

Wow kinda vage huh.... how many do you pass over each flight... we have one right on the approch to LVK...a football statium... so does that mean we have to make a vertical notch so we don't viloate the 3000 ft rule... huh... GMAs
FMI: www.aopa.org, www.tsa.gov, www.faa.gov

GMAs
09-15-02, 03:17 PM
WROD.... Were Restricted again Oh..Darn... but, change the Darn to your favorite #$@#... seems they are having a fun time over at the new Security council which doesn't seem to know security from harassment... when they let commercial jets fly over ASU football field... to land... while telling the little guys (like US) that we have to maintain 5 miles and or 3000 feet... ya right.. who is going to do the most damage... (hey I know lets look at the two incidents where they flew into the towers and the kid flew into the bank... gee I don't know which is more the worse)..

Money talks the rest are governed... and I just love the idea of shoot down... ya right... first the terrorest want to fly the thing into a building and then the government comes along and shoot it down so it comes out of the sky and crashes into a building... Hmmm what is wrong with this picture... what are they protecting... the big buck buildings or the public... hmmmmm...

And after many different flights... its true.. they harass the little old ladies, blacks and anyone else who isn't of the mid eastern nationally while they don't even question the ones that are... in the terminals... because they don't want to make them feel like they are being singled out... what... excuse me but, it wasn't you blue eyed blond from sweeden who hit the towers...smile...

You all should feel lucky that you have your own plane... as you don't have to go thru all the bull... I am surprised that cessna and the alpha bet groups arn't pushing general avation more... to the public.. and businesses as it would seem a oppertune time...to promote GA and the small airport system... where you can get away from the targets that a terrorest would want to pick... besides we all know flying is great... in a skymaster... huh... and I think businesses are getting back away from the commercial hog cattle lines... as we are seeing more and more of the small exuctive jets going in and out... its the new way... and much better... smile... of course I am a little predicious about GA anyway... because I own one... smile.. G.M>

WebMaster
09-18-02, 12:55 PM
It's amazing, but I seem to think that Cessna, and the others, are promoting fractional, and private ownership. There's the new CJ, Mustang, SP, 6 seats, competing at 4X the price with the Safire and Eclipse.
Someone talked about the Adams costing so much, but the Eclipse, which was just a pipe dream, has 1,700 deposits, and costs more.
The CJ, Mustang, is already taking deposits, and it is another pipe dream, albeit from a very reputable company.
A friend of ours flies a lot for business, and always flies first class. Got so fed up with the lines, and the BS, they have a factional now.