PDA

View Full Version : Looking for '73 P337 interior plastics

kragby
09-14-15, 01:39 AM
Renovating 73 P337 now redoing interior plastics - Also need the rubber gasket stuff used around windows and door - not door seal itself - installed inflatable.

edasmus
09-14-15, 07:51 PM
Vantage Plane Plastics is where I got all my replacement plastic. www.planeplastics.com

Not cheap, required some heating to shape and trimming. Not an easy job but looked respectable when done. My advice would be to salvage as much of your existing plastic as possible because it fits and the screw holes are already in place. Repair cracks as much as possible, clean them, prime them, and paint them. They will come out ok. I salvaged 80% of my old plastic. It wasn't perfect but a whole lot better when done. Fitting new plastic is a pain. Can be done, but you'll work for it!

Good Luck!

Ed

kragby
09-14-15, 10:08 PM
thanks Ed,
I did some parts from Plane Plastics but they don't make parts for the P version and some of the parts won't work. I'm actually thinking of making some of own molds and forming some new plastic. Turns out that Riley Roket folks already did that so trying to chase up their stuff.

cheers

hharney
09-15-15, 08:38 AM
On my '68 I was able to use all the original except one piece. Saved a ton of time over fitting and trimming the new stuff.

I was able to paint the original plastic and it looks brand new. It's been almost 7 years now and it still looks perfect. There are some really good paints out there for plastic trim.