PDA

View Full Version : Small Skymaster

FRED-E
05-05-02, 09:45 AM
I have heard about a 2/3 or 3/4 scale Skymaster built in Kansas some time ago. Does anyone know anything about it or have pictures.
Fred N358

05-06-02, 10:21 AM
Check out the book Wings of Cessna by Edward Phillips,

It lists the different models and prototypes produced by Cessna. In the book is a version of the 337 designated the 377/327 that was built with 160 hp engines and used a full cantilever wing. Only one was built and flown (as the 327).

Frank Benvin
05-09-02, 09:51 PM
There was a mini Skymaster made in Arlington Wa back in the 80's I think. It was a two seat.I have a two page write up on it. Just moved and have to find the box its in. I will send you a copy if you want. I talked to the guy and was he was going to let me fly it but never made it down to his place.

Frank

FRED-E
05-10-02, 05:44 PM
Frank
If you find it I would love to have a copy.
Fred Emde
13653 S.E. 15th ST.
Choctaw, OK 73020
femde@mmcable.com

Frank Benvin
08-21-02, 02:36 PM
Hi Fred

Found the write up on the Mini Mixmaster. I mailed it to you this morning

Frank

kevin
08-21-02, 04:11 PM
The Mini-Master is still in Arlington, and it is about to be sold by the city for unpaid tie down fees. I took a picture of it, but for some reason that roll of film got lost I think. I will try to find it. The motors are missing, and the airframe looks pretty sad. Had Norm Goyer (editor of Custom Planes) with me, he said he had flown it before the canard was added, and that it was pretty squirrelly with an engine out...not enough airflow over the tail, or something...

Kevin