Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Electrical Failure on Take Off (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=1452)

skymaster 04-02-05 08:48 AM

dis light on gear switch

my 73p has ei volt/amp gauge. my dis remains on but amps chk ok. now i will chk the lights closer. its in annual. During the annual i had mechanic chk ohms on landing gear switch. and found it dropping out/intermittent. we will replace. occasional delay going up. i never hear electric gear motor and do not want to burn one up. J

Pete Somers 04-03-05 12:31 PM

Skymaster.
If you have a DIS light on, even when you have both alternators on line, you have a Sensor u/s, or you do have low volts?

Pete

skymaster 04-04-05 05:52 PM

not low voltage

not a volt or amp low . according to the digital gauge. the dis lite stays on but system is a ok. just a glitch. next couple week it will be in the hands of a new owner. It will be in the best condition known to 337's. this 73p has given me great pleasure and I want to hand it off in better shape than i found it, I traded it for a cheyenne 1 fuel hog.every time i fill the cheyenne i miss the recip. Should i sell the pa31t i would go back into the p337. J

big al 08 04-04-05 10:41 PM

watch the hot starts, a friend of mine just somked one eng on a chy#3 maybe 200k
really sucks when of do not pay attention on start, other than that it is piece of cake and pleasure to fly.

Dale Campbell 04-05-05 09:07 AM

Electrical failure

I went back up to hanger on Saturday and pulled cowling. I removed battery cables and cleaned and also checked the battery. It looks like I have one cell that is weak. Battery is a little over 2 years old. I did notice it did not turn engines over that fast. I ordered a new battery. I hope that is my problem. I also checked all the diodes on firewall. They checked ok with ohm meter. Dale

Jim Rainer 04-05-05 09:49 AM

Interesting! I learned a long time ago (40+ years) the first thing you do when transient electrical problems show up is to buy a new battery. It's the cheapest way to diagnose and fix funny electrical problems. (Of course, you may just be able to borrow a good battery first.)

Guy Paris 04-05-05 10:57 AM

Tomorrow April 6th...

It will be 53 years since I soloed... Electrical glitches, gremlins what ever.. sometimes they go away on there own and sometimes they don't.. Good luck Dale... guy

And lucky I guess, 30 years operating turbines.... no hot starts.

Keven 04-06-05 01:45 AM

Damn . . . . I'm young!!!

Keven
________
Xxx Tube Video

WebMaster 04-06-05 11:19 AM

Re: Tomorrow April 6th...

Quote:

Originally posted by Guy Paris
It will be 53 years since I soloed... Electrical glitches, gremlins what ever.. sometimes they go away on there own and sometimes they don't.. Good luck Dale... guy

And lucky I guess, 30 years operating turbines.... no hot starts.

I guess some of us solo at a VERY YOUNG age, and then there are those of us who soloed late in life.

Keven 04-06-05 04:10 PM

C'mon Larry. Don't spoil it for me. Let me believe I'm young.

Keven
________
Wendie 99

Dale Campbell 04-07-05 08:26 AM

Electrical Power Failure

Keven ,
You are probably a lot younger than Guy or myself, but Guy and I had more years of fun flying the skies, right Guy. Buy the way I replaced my battery and it did not fix my Dis light problem. It must be the sensor. Where is that sensor, I hope not on that circuit board in the center console I just replaced 2 years ago. Dale

WebMaster 04-07-05 09:36 AM

Keven, you are young. In fact, you are just a baby, a kid, a youngster, a yout.

kevin 04-07-05 10:35 AM

A yout?

:-)

Kevin

WebMaster 04-07-05 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by kevin
A yout?

:-)

Kevin

My Cousin Vinny. :-)
"These two youts"

Keven 04-07-05 11:29 AM

Now I feel better . . . .

Larry:

Shew . . . . Much better. And by the way, I typically wear a velvet tux in court exactly like the one he wore in the movie.

Keven
________
ANAL XXX