Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Skymaster valuations (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=2703)

Roger 08-25-10 08:31 PM

PS :)

I agree that aircraft values in general are down. In some catagories of aircraft more than others. I also believe that but for the outstanding SID question which has yet to be resolved one way or the other, a good twin utility aricraft like the 337 should maintain it's value well above (as a %) many other aircraft. THis primarily because 337's have always been a bit of an "underdog" in pricing to begin with.

Learjetter 08-26-10 08:38 PM

Interesting points of view, all. I'll try to summarize: would be buyers want to take advantage of the "depression" in aircraft values (like me) and owners/sellers can't believe buyers don't see the value they see in their aircraft. I think an aircraft can be professionally valued (Vref, loan company, etc) at $x, but if a buyer is willing only to pay $y, then the aircraft is only worth $y to both parties, regardless of what the "system" says the aircraft is worth. Anyone selling anything on eBay learns this lesson quickly.

Fly safe!

That said: I also think if a buyer gets too good a bargain, somethings fishy....caveat emptor.

edasmus 01-03-11 01:36 PM

2010 costs

If anyone is interested who followed this thread in the past, my 2010 grand total came in at $23,997.47. The hours came in at 104. Again this includes maintenance, insurance, hanger, and 100LL. This also includes every sectional chart, headset batteries, etc. Nothing is left out.

If 2011 goes as planned (big if), I will not have an annual in 2011. My current inspection was signed off 12/1/10 so it will not expire until 12/31/11. This means the annual will occur during the month of January 2012 and get signed off February 1, 2012.

Happy New Year!

Ed

Skymaster337B 01-03-11 06:54 PM

Wow, that is $230.75 per hour. Most multi rentals cost about $250+ per hour.

sunnysky 01-04-11 02:57 PM

I've owned my Skymaster for over 28 years and still marvel at it's virtues.
Maintainance is getting more difficult (since the demise of my good friend Pete Somers, who was a great contributor to this site ) .
My wife will only fly in "sturdy" aircraft such as the Skymaster or say a 182.
We have friends here in France with the new generation stuff like Diamond Stars and Rotax powered homebuilts, but the owners wifes do not like flying in them. When we arrange a trip away with several aircraft, the other wifes always want the spare seats in our 337.
I think this says it all !! Also, trhe other "economical " aircraft I mention are also almost unsellable. The friend with the Rotax powered aircraft has been trying to sell for over two years, so ALL light aircraft are difficult to sell.
So, as long as I continue flying , its only a 337 I would consider.
Sunny Sky.
P.S.
We are planning a trip from France to Thailand in Nov/Dec this year. Going through Italy, Greece, Cyprus, Luxor, Riyadh, Bahrain, Oman, Karachi, Alhamabad, Bhopal, Patna Chittagong and to Chiang Mai. Can easily get the clearances and avgas is available. Don't suppose any of you U.S. guys are in to join us on such a trip ?
Long shot I know , as you would have the hardest part to get to Europe !!

Guy Paris 01-04-11 09:38 PM

Pete Somers

What happened to Pete Somers?

guy the old 72 driver....

hharney 01-04-11 10:30 PM

Pete Somers

http://www.337skymaster.com/messages...ht=pete+somers

stratobee 05-15-11 12:56 PM

In the end, I wound up buying an old Aero Commander 520 from 1953 beginning of this year. I'm sure she will give me plenty of headaches and sleepless nights. She did perform well during the ferry from Detroit to California so there's still hope, but I'm already contemplating getting a 336 as a backup for when she's in the repair shop...:D

I wish all the Skymaster owners and the helpful people on this board the best of luck and hopefully I will see you around the airfields. I will always wave at Skymasters.