Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Mechanical checklist (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=3102)

cessnadriver 05-06-12 09:53 AM

Mechanical checklist

TO HERB...
I was watching your Michigan Flyers video and noticed you have/had a mechanical checklist mounted on your glare-shield? I contacted a guy in WV who also had one. I'm looking to either buy one or at lease find out whats printed on them. Can you send me close up pictures and or tell me the manufacturer?? You been a great asset to me in my quest to be an informed Skymaster owner.
As usual "Thanks" for your assistance.
BILLS

hharney 05-06-12 06:02 PM

Bill
I don't think they make them anymore. I will take some photos and post them.
Not sure of the manufacturer but I will look and maybe some one else knows.

cessnadriver 05-06-12 06:23 PM

Mechanical checklist

Herb.
I figured they are not make any more, but I'm handy, I going to try and make one. But I'd like to know what is printed on the upper and lower portions. I'd assume the step by step checklist, ie. something like "GUMPS", but I don't know. As I said before I'm in the CAP and we had a safety meeting last Saturday which the instructor showed a video of two high-time pilots in an "RG" C182, one pilot was taking a check ride the other the CFI. The pilots were "BS" and the guy landed without dropping the gear and all along both pilots were asking "what's that buzzing sound?" With that said my friend and I looked at one another and said "DIDN'T USE THE CHECKLIST" and I said even the acronym "GUMPS" would have help the situation!! This is why I'm interested in the mechanical checklist you have.
MANY THANKS. BILLS

hharney 05-09-12 10:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I hope you can see this Bill. Let me know.

cessnadriver 05-10-12 07:05 AM

Mechanical checklist

THANKS HERB!
I do have a question. The knob on the side? Does this flip all the tabs up and or down, and then the pilot moves the tabs individually to do his "CHECKS" ?
Appreciate it !
BILLS

ipasgas1 05-10-12 08:47 AM

Those are interesting...I have never seen those before. They would be very useful in planes without digital checklists. Nobody makes these anymore?

hharney 05-10-12 10:08 AM

Light switch for night time stuff

I have looked to see if these are still made but no luck. Not sure where dad got them originally. I have a second one for a single engine but those are the only two I have ever seen. Lots of pilots see it and like it.

ipasgas1 05-10-12 10:51 AM

For a single engine like a 182?

cessnadriver 05-10-12 11:53 AM

mechanical checklist

Herb, Maybe a business opportunity??
Thanks BILLS

hharney 05-10-12 09:51 PM

I think it would fit a 182

ipasgas1 05-10-12 09:56 PM

Can you put up pics of it as well? If I get my 182 would you consider selling if it is applicable?
Thanks,
Dan

WebMaster 05-11-12 09:40 AM

New Business Opportunity!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cessnadriver (Post 18129)
Herb, Maybe a business opportunity??
Thanks BILLS

Sounds like a great idea!!