Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Dpe (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=3216)

Wildman6 11-29-12 12:46 PM

Dpe

Is there anyone out there in the State of Oregon that is a DPE, that can do endorsements for C-337's??

I need to get a the "Center-Line- Thrust" endorsement and here in Central Oregon it's like pulling teeth... I have talked to a CFI that's Multi engine, he has NO 337 time.. He says he needs 5 hours to get the certification.. But he will need 2 hours with me, getting him familiar with the aircraft, then he'll have to do the 5 hours "Solo"

This sounds like Bull to me.. I own this aircraft and was ready to have the check ride when my instructor was hired to fly for the Majors. I'm stuck with a 337 that I can fly solo, or have a MEI that has at least 5 hours in 337's tag a long with family on trips.. might as well sell it and get a 210 or 172..

So my situation is, is there ANY DPE for C-337's beside the one in Bellingham,
Washington State.

Anyone out there that can HELP?.
Wildman6

hharney 11-29-12 09:32 PM

Why not just get a MEL rating in a standard twin? Are you referring to an insurance requirement?

Wildman6 11-29-12 10:19 PM

hharney

I was using my G.I. Bill to get MEL.. I went through 4 CFI's, they hit the 750-1000 hour mark and bail..
I was flying the PA-44 Seminole. But now $350 + an hour Vs. $45 an hour in my aircraft. Yes on insurance issue,I can't have another person fly the aircraft (PIC) unless he or she has 25 hours in 337's and I have them on the policy.
Do you happen to know anyone?.
Wildman6

Ernie Martin 11-30-12 12:24 AM

I hate to open a bee's nest, and I realize this is not on topic, but an hour of YOUR 337 doesn't cost $45. Even when you ignore items unaffected by flight hours (like hangar/tie-down and insurance) the airplane cost is probably in the $200 - 250 range when you consider fuel, oil changes, engine and prop reserves, and a kitty to cover the wear and tear of flights (tires, brakes, etc.).

Ernie

Wildman6 11-30-12 01:47 AM

Dpe

Ernie,
I was only doing the CFI hour. Beside's I'm doing instrument flight now, rather use My plane instead of a 172.. Like using V.A. money in my aircraft instead of someone else's.
Wildman6

JeffAxel 12-01-12 11:28 PM

you might try Larry Schmidlin at 503-939-8264. He is a CFI out of HIO. Not sure if he can give you the exam, but he knows Skymasters. Might know someone who can if he can't. That said, there is a lot to be said for getting a multi rating in a conventional twin. That is how I did it, anyway FWIW.

Wildman6 12-02-12 02:42 AM

Dpe

Thank You Jeff,
I'll call him on Monday. I have been working on the Mulit rating, but like I said here in central Or. as soon as these CFI's hit the 750 - 1000 hour mark they bail for better jobs.

After 10 - 15 hours with one, he bails then another CFI fill's in. The flight training is now 5 hours more or less to show what I was taugh then, he starts his way of training then he leaves, so on and so forth. Like a dog running around a tree after his tail.

I plan on doing the muilt training again in the spring term, maybe these CFI's will stick around long enough to get the rating.

Again Thanks

Wildman6

JimC 12-02-12 07:00 PM

After having a similar experience years ago, the youngest CFI/I I've used in the last 20 years was 55. Nobody has quit on me since. ;)