Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Rigging (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=1680)

Goat150 02-04-06 02:54 PM

Rigging

Guess I'm having trouble I think with
my 337 H being out of rig. I've never been able to get the speed that most do. It shows about 130 and fills like it's always
in a slip. I have checked around Ohio and can't find an A/P that knows enough to
check it. I even had one say you must have some special tools, to rig them.
does any one have any thoughts.
Mark

Keven 02-04-06 04:18 PM

Mark:

I have not heard that from an A&P before regarding rigging. I don't think that is correct regarding special tools. Type Certificate Data Sheet, Service Manual, and Parts Catalogue should be more than sufficient info for an A&P who wants to take the time and energy to set it up correctly.

Of course, I've been wrong once or twice before . . . today. Would be interested to have others weigh in on this, particularly, the A&P members on this Board.

FWIW

Keven
________
Marijuana vaporizers

skymstr02 02-04-06 09:14 PM

A mechanic would need a structural repair manual to see the measurements to see if the booms are tweaked. Sometimes the booms get twisted, and you have to loosen the attaching screws (bolts) twist it back where it belongs, then re-torque the screws. I did this on the O-2 after I had assembled it. It was left wing heavy with the yaw trim in neutral.

Pete Somers 02-05-06 06:30 AM

Check the rigging of the rudder.
Mechanics who do not know the a/c align the rudder to neutral with the pedals and nose wheel centered. It should be aligned 0.5" to the left, imake a lot of differance to the trim of the whole yaw and roll of the 337.
All in the rigging contained in the service manual.

Pete

Goat150 02-05-06 05:37 PM

Rigging

Thats for all the tips on the rigging.
I will let you guys know what I find out.
Mark

kilr4d 05-08-18 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymstr02 (Post 9783)
A mechanic would need a structural repair manual to see the measurements to see if the booms are tweaked. Sometimes the booms get twisted, and you have to loosen the attaching screws (bolts) twist it back where it belongs, then re-torque the screws. I did this on the O-2 after I had assembled it. It was left wing heavy with the yaw trim in neutral.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Somers (Post 9785)
Check the rigging of the rudder.
Mechanics who do not know the a/c align the rudder to neutral with the pedals and nose wheel centered. It should be aligned 0.5" to the left, imake a lot of differance to the trim of the whole yaw and roll of the 337.
All in the rigging contained in the service manual.

Pete

Bumping an old thread here, but that's interesting. I think mine dog tracks a little bit also.

cessnadriver 05-09-18 06:08 AM

Rigging

1 Attachment(s)
Hello ALL.
Attached is a rigging fixture an A&P can made to check the properly rigged rudders. As an A&P, and a 65 C337 owner, I plan on making one of these fixture and check my own bird. Any competent A&P SHOULD be able to use this fixture and FOLLOW the maintenance manual and rig your bird. If said A&P doesn't have any or very little experience with the Skymaster as I'm still learning on mine it will take more time so be aware of this fact going in.
Hope this helps.
Regards
BILLS

kilr4d 05-09-18 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cessnadriver (Post 22897)
Hello ALL.
Attached is a rigging fixture an A&P can made to check the properly rigged rudders. As an A&P, and a 65 C337 owner, I plan on making one of these fixture and check my own bird. Any competent A&P SHOULD be able to use this fixture and FOLLOW the maintenance manual and rig your bird. If said A&P doesn't have any or very little experience with the Skymaster as I'm still learning on mine it will take more time so be aware of this fact going in.
Hope this helps.
Regards
BILLS

Bill that's great. Thank you.

kilr4d 05-18-18 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Brought that pdf file over to the waterjet cutting place and they zipped it right out. :)

cessnadriver 05-18-18 07:20 PM

Rigging

John. Looks nice what did that cost if you don't mind me asking.
BILLS

kilr4d 05-18-18 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cessnadriver (Post 22911)
John. Looks nice what did that cost if you don't mind me asking.
BILLS

No problem. $120CAD so about $95USD plus $20 cash for the 0.10" aluminum.