Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   1973T337G fuse panel & Seat Belts (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=1299)

amichelin 12-30-04 08:37 PM

1973T337G fuse panel & Seat Belts

Hi
I just redid my interior, a beautiful two tone gray leather. The only problem is my interior used to be RED. My fuse panel and seat belts are RED. I need a black fuse panel and black seat belts.

Any help?

Adam

Jerry De Santis 12-30-04 08:40 PM

Paint

The panels take paint well. Done right they look new.

Jerry:D

Rickskymaster 12-30-04 09:55 PM

visiting LA

We are in LA visiting over the Holidays, if you have time, we would love to see your plane.
Call me on the cell 410-916-0039.
Thanks
Rick

Pat Schmitz 12-30-04 10:09 PM

Would love to see some pictures of the plane's new interior. I am getting ready to do mine -

Did you need to replace any of the other plastic parts?

Pat Schmitz 12-30-04 10:19 PM

New seatbelts can be had from either

SCHROTH - via Karas Engineering,
Frank Karas 856-629-0712 phone, or frank@karasengineering.com

They quoted new inertial reel belts for mine after OSH, as I have two black, and two blue in my current plane.... You will need to send him dimensions, etc. Check out the website - nice belts.

The second alternative that I am aware of is:

AM-SAFE

My 73P has two of these in the front that were added to replace the originals: The existing belts are 1500 Lb Capacity, Am-Safe Belts Model 9600-22 P/N 502997-401-2251

I was getting quotes for (external) intertial reel replacements that allow you to bolt an inertial reel on the upper mount to make the seatbelts more user friendly...IE you can lean forward, without having to release/loosen the belt... With the current AM-SAFE's I either don't wear the shoulder harness, or have it loose enough, that it would do me little good in a crash situation... Inertial's allow you to 'move' but will lock up with any sudden movement.

Seems that the SCHROTH belts were about $350/seat...pricey, but not a bad investment..

Rickskymaster 12-30-04 10:28 PM

just got my interior done

I just got my Interior done also.
I am currently in Los Angeles for the Holidays, and the plane is currently in for annual, but as soon as I get back, I will take some and post.
I could not be happier with the job, it was done in two weeks and because of being able to meeti their schedule, I was able to save 3,000. Total cost for complete new interior including painting all plastic, leather, new carpet and style of my choice was $5,500.
They painted the plastic and matched it perfectly, I could not be happier.
What is even better comes from my super critical pilot friends, who can find fault everything, all have said this was one good job and deal.
The place is located in NC Penn, at N71.
Rick

kevin 12-31-04 12:39 AM

Your mechanic should be able to suggest a place to have your belts rewebbed with an appropriate color, as should your interior shop. I used a place in Southern Oregon, but can't recall who. In any case, there are lots of vendors. Rewebbing will be less expensive that entirely new belts, because you don't have to replace the hardware.

Kevin

amichelin 12-31-04 01:51 PM

The guy I took it to fixed all of the plastic parts then covered them with leather. they look beautiful.
Adam