Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Fuel Sender Gasket (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=2553)

edasmus 10-06-09 07:49 PM

Fuel Sender Gasket

My sender gasket is leaking on the right (copilot) side wing for the second time in two years (at least my shop thinks it is the gasket). It appears to be a "cork like" gasket. Anybody know if this is the correct type or if there are other options? Are they supposed to be fuel proof? I would simply like to know for certain that the correct and best gasket is getting installed this time because this is growing tiresome.

Thanks, Ed

hharney 10-06-09 10:31 PM

The gaskets I just puchased from Yingling Aviation were more of a rubber type material. Used the number from the PC it is S1588-1 $23.53 each.

Skymaster337B 10-07-09 12:33 AM

When you say, "fuel sender" are you talking about the fuel selector valve that's inside the wing? Or are you talking about something else?

edasmus 10-07-09 07:45 AM

Thanks Herb....I will look into that part.

The area I am talking about I do not believe has anything to do with a fuel selector. On top of my inboard most fuel tank (between the boom and fuselage) there is an electronic type device with several wires which I believe sends info to the signal conditioner and ultimately to the fuel gauges. This device is secured with 6 screws and has a gasket between the device and the top of the tank. It is this gasket in question.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

Ernie Martin 10-07-09 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think you want an S350, which is a standard/stock aerospace part (see figure below).

Ernie

Skymaster337B 10-07-09 04:20 PM

Thanks for explaining it to me. But what is part number S1588-1 for? Is that the gasket for the fuel selector valve in the wing? The parts manual doesn't break the wing fuel selector valve down any further than the full assembly -- at least for a 67' model. That's why I'm asking if S1588-1 is for that selector valve. Thanks for any additional info someone can offer about the wing fuel selector valve gasket part number.

skymstr02 10-08-09 06:41 AM

The gasket is for the liquidometer, or fuel quantity sender.

This is not for the fuel selector valve--different part of the wing.

hharney 10-08-09 10:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Guess it depends on the model. Here is from my PC
Part #31

Ernie Martin 10-09-09 12:00 AM

Yes, Ed, it does depend on the model. Since I know yours is a '73, the picture in my message is from the parts manual for a '73.

Ernie

edasmus 10-09-09 04:23 PM

Thanks you guys....my shop only had the "cork" like gasket in stock and being that my plane has been down for six weeks, I was done waiting for parts. They installed the gasket with some sort of little rubber type washers around the six screws I mentioned so I will keep my fingers crossed that it does not leak. I guess my shop felt the leak was through the holes for the screws as opposed to the gasket itself so we'll see. My plane is back in my hanger as of today so hopefully I will get a chance to fly this weekend or early next week.

Thanks Ed

Skymaster337B 10-10-09 07:52 PM

So, does anyone know the part number for gasket in the fuel selector valve in the wing?

Ernie Martin 10-10-09 11:44 PM

I looked for the gasket in the fuel selector valve in the wing. You can see the gasket in the illustration, but there is no part number, so it must not be available separately. Notice that some of the other parts come only in an Airborne kit.

Ernie

Skymaster337B 10-11-09 11:19 AM

I see the same thing, why does Cessna do that. Has anyone ever rebuilt one of these selector valves with an airborne kit...and has the gasket part number handle?

skymstr02 10-11-09 02:41 PM

Fuel Selector Valve

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skymaster337B (Post 14672)
So, does anyone know the part number for gasket in the fuel selector valve in the wing?

The number is listed in the O-2 Illustrated Parts Manual, it is B3-12-1. I looks like it has six screw holes plus the large hole in the center.

Skymaster337B 10-12-09 01:32 AM

Thanks, that's some good info. Why would the military get that kind of info but not the civilian? Now to find a supplier for it. The usual suppliers don't list it. Any ideas who might have them?