Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Structural screws wanted (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=875)

PENNY G 11-06-03 12:04 PM

Structural screws wanted

We are refurbishing a 1967 337 Skymaster and are trying to find a complete set of structural screws. I have already talked to Aircraft Spruce and Texas Aeroplastics. We moved this plane to Missouri from Oklahoma - disassembled of course - the previous owner did not want to release the original screws that had been removed for transport. It is going to be a huge pain to figure out just exactly what size and how many screws go where in order to get them from Aircraft Spruce. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You

SkyKing 11-06-03 02:48 PM

Contact Cessna in Wichita or Yingling...

My, my, my... What to do without a Cessna Parts and Service Manual. You'll need those first from Cessna... THESE ARE MUST HAVE ITEMS! Then you'll have the views, parts lists, part numbers, etc. to properly locate the specific items needed for your airplane, which any of the Cessna dealers can supply... or at least if you have the Parts Manual you'll have the item number which will enable you to cross reference to Aircraft Spruce or other sources... otherwise you might as well be flying IFR without a DG & AH.

Yingling Aircraft is located in Wichita and used to be one of Cessna's largest dealers... as they are located on Mid-Continent Airport, not very far from Cessna's parts distribution center. They can probably assist, but FIRST THINGS FIRST. Get the manuals to you have a guide.

SkyKing

Ernie Martin 11-06-03 04:38 PM

I agree with Skyking, first thing you need is an Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC). With the part numbers you need you can then go to Spruce or, maybe better, to a surplus dealer. See my web page on parts buying by going to www.SkymasterUS.com and clicking on "Purchasing Parts" for hints, supplier names and phone numbers.

Ernie

stackj 11-06-03 09:17 PM

Yes for the manuals!

You can get the entire set of manuals (Service and Parts) for the 337B (Actually the 336 and 337 through 1972) on CD for about $25.00 from McCurtain Technology in Tempe Arizona. Check it out at www.mccurtaintg.com.

I bought the CD and it is great... you can print pages from the manuals and mark all over them and you still have the original!

Jim Rainer 11-07-03 03:16 PM

Parts Manual

I found out that McCurtain didn't have the parts manual for my bird; 1976G SN 33701743. At least it wasn't listed on the CD they sent me. Cessna does sell them though.

kevin 11-07-03 03:28 PM

They are copyrighted material from 1973 on, so only Cessna can sell them.

Kevin

Keven 11-07-03 04:51 PM

E-Bay

They are for sale on e-bay all the time.

Keven
________
Fix ps3

Kim Geyer 11-07-03 11:06 PM

screws

When you get your manuals and figure out what you need try East Coast Aviation Services 800-330-3975 They may send you a catalog. Their prices are very reasonably.

Don Nieser 11-17-03 01:05 AM

manuals

Penny, I have Cessna parts manuals and maintenance manuals for sale $75 each. Contact me and maybe I can also help with the "screws" you need.
Don Nieser
Commodore Aerospace Corp
6221 Commodore lane
Oklahoma City OK 73162
405-722-4079 phone and FAX
405-503-4686 hangar cell phone