Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   3 Blade Prop (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=1586)

Goat150 10-05-05 08:24 PM

3 Blade Prop

I've been looking around for 3 Blade Props for my 337H
does any one know where I can check on them plus get a
proformance chart on the 3-Blade props.
The reason I'm asking I changed a older 210 from a 2-Blade to
a 3-Blade and the proformance was great !!!
Can any one help?
MArk

Jerry De Santis 10-05-05 08:51 PM

prop

Hey Goat150,

Go to the search engine on this site and type in PROP. There are a number of prop discussions and one posted on 01-01-05 by Herb Harney regarding three bladed props.

Also, I noticed that you are in Ohio. Several of us in Michigan generally meet up for formation flying. Check out topic "Michigan flyin." Maybe you will like to join us?

Cheers
Jerry
N34EC:D :D :D

hharney 10-05-05 09:51 PM

3 Blades

I have the MT 3 blade props. This STC requires you to install both front and rear at the same time. The diameter of both front and rear are identical. 76 inch (192 cm to be exact). You can not install rear only or front only. You must do both. I have 185 hours on them in about 2 years. The TBO is 2000 hours or 6 years. The cost is very near the price of factory new McCaully's. Advantages: Smooth, very responsive, quiet, lighter (60 lb gain on useful), increase in climb performance (200 fpm) and sexy. The spinners are fiberglass and add a much improved look to the system. Problems: long delivery time, rear prop much more suseptable to FOD, only one service center (Florida). I have had damage to the rear twice. 5 minute epoxy and sandpaper. Overall I am happy with the performance and looks. Service and practicallity is a little questionable. I believe the workmanship is second to none. There are a lot of airplanes using MT blades.
BTW, be careful how you handle your current blades. The reason I had to install new blades, I had made the decision to overhaul my props and the shop condemed both units. They were working just fine before I sent them in.

Goat150 10-06-05 09:15 AM

Re: prop

Quote:

Originally posted by Jerry De Santis
Hey Goat150,

Go to the search engine on this site and type in PROP. There are a number of prop discussions and one posted on 01-01-05 by Herb Harney regarding three bladed props.

Also, I noticed that you are in Ohio. Several of us in Michigan generally meet up for formation flying. Check out topic "Michigan flyin." Maybe you will like to join us?

Cheers
Jerry
N34EC:D :D :D

Jerry,
I would love to come up tp ypur flyin, can you get me more
info.
Mark

Goat150 10-06-05 08:46 PM

Flyin's

Jerry,
I would love to come to the Mich flyin or any others,
Thank You very much for thr offer.