Skymaster Forum

Skymaster Forum (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/index.php)
-   Messages (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Ohio buyer needs orientation hop (http://www.337skymaster.com/messages/showthread.php?t=2453)

rschimizze 05-14-09 09:08 PM

Ohio buyer needs orientation hop

I am looking to buy my first skymaster and need an orientation hop. My multi-thousand hour instructor talks very highly of the skymaster, and they appear to meet the capabilities of my long term flying needs, but I have never been in one.

I am a 300 hour pilot with an instrument rating and nearly all my time in a Cherokee 235. I'm located in Columbus, Ohio, and am looking for a 337 owner that would be willing to take me up for a short orientation flight. Of course, I would be glad to pay for the expenses.
Thanks
Rick
614-975-6567

Ernie Martin 05-16-09 01:31 AM

Since you gave your phone number we don't know if anyone responded. If there's no one in Ohio, there are several active members in Michigan that I think will take you up if you can get up to their location. Is that a possibility?

Ernie

rschimizze 05-18-09 03:01 PM

Ernie:
No I haven't heard from any takers by phone. I could probably get up to Michigan, if someone was interested.
Rick

Ernie Martin 05-18-09 03:37 PM

Herb, Jerry, anyone near Michigan and Ohio, can we get Rick a ride?

Ernie

hharney 05-18-09 03:56 PM

I am in Grand Rapids area (08C) and would love to take you up. I would also be willing to meet you in Kalamazoo at Newman's (4N0). Just let me know if that would work.

I know that Jerry is going to be in Dayton on Wednesday this week, how far are you from Dayton? I am speaking for Jerry so no promises until you talk to him.

cell 616-401-3637

DBrugg 05-18-09 06:03 PM

I will be at KMFD 5/29-31.
________
Honda fit history

John Hoffman 05-18-09 08:44 PM

Rick - Im based at CEV in Indiana about 100km west of Columbus. Sorry for the slow response but be happy to fly you around Indiana. Bring the 335, I flew one of those all over the country before the Skymaster, gas is still $3.20 at the home field. If it works for you just pm me and we can work it out.

John Hoffman 05-18-09 08:52 PM

Rick - as a follow up, ill be at a dinner meeting Wednesday nite along Sawmill road, must be in your backyard. Im driving but if there is any advantage to getting together, we could talk before dinner.

rschimizze 05-19-09 11:13 AM

John:
Wednesday won't work, due to other commitments, but CEV would clearly be a nice easy flight from OSU to get a chance to look over a 337. Let's look at schedules down the road to see when we might have a mutually workable date. I really appreciate the offer.
Thanks
Rick

rschimizze 05-19-09 11:23 AM

Dan:
Thanks for the offer, but I will be in Oklahoma that weekend.
Rick

rschimizze 05-19-09 11:26 AM

Herb:
Thanks for the offer. Let me see if I can work it out with John first, since he is a whole lot closer. I get up to SE Mich. fairly often, particularly in the summer. Maybe I could swing by some time later.
Thanks again
Rick

rschimizze 06-25-09 11:49 PM

Got the hop from John Hoffman

Flew with John on a beautiful Tuesday morning after several reskeds, due to weather. I loved it! What a great plane to fly. Very stable.

Thanks again John.

I guess it's on to my multi-rating and into a C337.
Rick