Thread: IFR BC Approach
View Single Post
Unread 07-12-06, 11:50 PM

travis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

So far as I know they are working on naming everything as they go. I think that they are working on replacing the DME oriented fix names first. Also they are buisy (re)building many RNAV (GPS) approaches with and without WASS.

Just so yall know there is a wiff of change on the wind. The old MLS arcing final type approach is (will be) the new flavor. Checkout the RNAV (GPS) Y 28R at KSFO. This is an experimental approach (SFO has many offset parallel approaches 28R&L like the LDA PRM 28R) the biggest part of which is the missed approach segment that is impossible to fly IMC without GPS (no other conventional navaid will provide positive course guidance on an arcing segment.) The new(ish) TAA GPS approaches are the start allowing a "cruise" clearance from an enroute controller taking the approach control out of the system. The next evolution will allow 180 arcs to final on a GPS glide slope (LPV) to CAT I minimums!!! Hot stuff. I hope Garmin can get my box a WASS conversion soon!

Any hoo thats just a fun tidbit form todays Lear 45 class for free for those with two in the middle.

_travis