View Single Post
Unread 01-24-08, 11:31 AM
Web Master

WebMaster is on a distinguished road
Gear Drag Coefficient

I have a request from someone.

My name is Patrick Shannon. I am an engineer working on a prototype navigation system for an up and coming UAV made by Aurora Flight Sciences. We will be doing the majority of our electronics testing on a Cessna Skymaster before we load it into the UAV. We currently do not have access to the Skymaster and thus we are in need of some technical data. Specifically we need to get a feel for the increase in drag that occurs when the landing gear is deployed. If you happen to have the coefficients of drag for the landing gear or an idea of what type of cross-sectional area they produce when deployed those numbers would be of great help. I have been poking around your website but have been unable to find that type of information as it appears the site is geared towards pilots and not engineers (which makes perfect sense). If you can not help me but know someone who may please let me know as well. Thanks in advance.

I told him about cycling the gear, with conventional gear doors.
Does anyone have any information on this, it would be most gratefully appreciated if you post it here.

Thank You,
Larry

His contact information is:

Patrick Shannon
Aurora Flight Sciences
Research and Design Center, Cambridge MA