View Single Post
Unread 04-17-09, 01:29 PM

billsheila is an unknown quantity at this point
Got it!

OK, I am a little thick but I get it now. So Tropical and I are in agreement, I think, except he still wants to see the gear in transit ASAP after becoming airborne does he not? So I gather the logic would be get the plane cleaned up ASAP

Roger, re your incident, presumably your breaker wouldn't have popped if the gear were down and locked right? So why not leave them down and don't risk the possible effects of any configuration changes until you gain some altitude...which was my original point.

I checked my manual again and am embarrassed to say it indeed does contain data on the minus 240 ft/minute effect of in-transit climb impact of retraction (on single engine, rear operating) and quotes minus 110 ft/minute (on single engine, front engine operating). What is not quoted is the drag effect of the gear themselves, ie if left down.

Back to your incident, do you think your plane would climb on single engine, other feathered, gear down and locked...or only a cool day?

I like the suggestion of trying this at altitude and figuring it out that way. In the meantime, I will fly a 336 for the first bit of every flight.