View Single Post
Unread 04-28-09, 09:34 PM

FOXTWO is on a distinguished road
Hello to all,

I recently purchased my first Skymaster (O-2A 68-11016) and have been studying this forum ever since. (Great Site) While I had originally planned on reviewing all the previous topics prior to making my first post, I thought this thread was a good opportunity to introduce myself and one which I could contribute some insight.

My company, Woodway Sign Center, has been supplying aircraft graphics for over 10 years, including fabrication of interior placards. As Herb mentioned, a label maker will initially give you a nice product but they will wear quickly and do not holdup well to cleaning products. Silk-screening is also a possibility, but the high setup costs make it extremely expensive for relatively small quantities. An alternative is to have a Lexan overlay made. These are the type of placards you find pasted all over airliner cabins. Since the copy is reverse printed on the backside of the clear Lexan they are completely protected from wear and/or damage.

Lastly, another alternative is having the labels thermally printed on clear adhesive backed vinyl. Though these will have a longer life than the label marker, they will not be as durable as the Lexan.

Most local companies should be able to fabricate these for you. However, since most CB panels are specific for an aircraft (changed by +/- instruments & avionics), I recommend supplying them with a sketch of your panel which contains specific dimensions, nomenclature & placement, special cutout, etc….. Or, if you would like, I will be happy to fabricate one for you.

Though I plan on placing a better post in the “Service Providers” section of this forum, let me quickly list some of Woodway’s additional aircraft services & products – I apologize if inappropriate.

 Custom Paint Scheme Design
 Interior / Exterior Placards
 Reproduction Aircraft Logos (Make & Model)
 Authentic Military Markings
 Decals & Paint Stencils
 Custom Logo / Nose Art design & more

Thanks,

Phillip Fox
“FOXTWO”