View Single Post
Unread 08-24-02, 02:04 AM

SkyKing is on a distinguished road
Alan,

You ALREADY know the answer to your question, so get on it. Sorry to hear that quality control at TCM is down the tube.

BTW, what you will find in dealing with any of these outfits is that when they are pressed with product liability they will usually comes through to avoid litigation, but in taking care of parts, labor and what-have-you, they will ask that you sign a release in which you cannot even mention the settlement... this is one of the reasons why NOBODY ever hears of the success of going after these things, i.e., "my lips are sealed" because of contract law provisions. Just make sure that you get everything you ask for before you sign any kind of release. Nope, this is not legal advice, just counsel from a fellow pilot who has already been through the 'mill' with FBO's and component part vendors. Oh, and I am a former FBO too, so I know both sides of the fence. What surprises me is how everyday people just fold and go along to get along with the general aviation industry through AD's and other nonsense, that if you really search out, are in reality a defect in the manufacturing process. Sorry, I can't mention the one I want... remember, my lips are sealed... but can you say 'heater'?

SkyKing