View Single Post
Unread 08-28-02, 05:19 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
re overhaul

Also heard Continental cylinders are rust prone if you fly seldon and close to the sea, so better look for nickel or chrome barrel cylenders. What is "Satin Chrome"OHC cylider assemblies?, since that is what was done last engine overhaul in Jan 96.
Is there any other supplier you recommend?

The cylinders have improved a lot. Based on your flying and location maybe you should consider a "new" TCM engine. They certainly have a far better warranty with it.

I do not think going chrome is the answer unless the cylinders have been once around already. Float plane engines seem to last as long as other engines.

3-Does it make lot of difference t overhaul the fuel system with Continental, or the local shop. ( Local shop has a good reputation ). TCM does this, however, make sure the shop has the proper instruments to calibrate the fuel controller.

4-Would you change engine mounts?, since they are new from 1998.

no, just visual inspection should suffice.

Other questions have been answered I believe. I bought TCM remans two years ago and they are doing very well. qt in 20 hrs
compressions are all good.

Warranty does mean a lot when you bear the cost of the downtime and the removal and reinstall. Murphy says..........

bob