View Single Post
Unread 03-05-10, 09:59 PM

N5ZX is on a distinguished road
skymstr02,
That is exceptionally valuable information!!!
I wish I had that in August....when we spent 5 WEEKS waiting for the local FSDO to approve mounting HID taxi and landing lights in my nose. We tried citing an identical mounting in a P210 but our delightful fifedom said that they were no longer allowed to boot-strap approval based on a prior field approval...everything had to be specific to THAT airplane.
What a big steamy pile of (crud).
I guarantee I will be citing that AD verrrry frequently. Thank you!!!!!

Scotty,
Im very eager for the EDM-960. I think it will be well worth the wait.
However, be careful "waiting". The promise of three months in terms of avionics launch dates usually translates to 18 months in our world. And I think the fuel LEVEL gauge is on the Minimum Equipment List for the aircraft certificate. If Im right, you gotta replace the gauge with some other fuel level indicator before you can legally fly again. I dont know if the shadin computer will meet the need.
Im not an a&p and I dont wanna come accross as a S---House lawyer.....I precursered all that with I think" and "If I'm right...."
My tips tanks feed directly into the fuel distribution tree for each engine with overflow going back into the main tanks. I use them as emergency fuel only. If my engine stumbles, or if I get the low fuel indication on the digital fual level gauges, the first thing I do is flip the switch for my tip tanks.....that gives me guaranteed fuel to the engine, buying me at least an hour....but I immediate find a suitable "nearest" to fuel up again. The only other time they are less than full is when I'm taxiing after landing. I hit the tip tanks to feed fuel into the engines/mains just to keep things fresh. I think I mentioned I have a fuel paranoia. CNN spent a week talking about the last time I ran out of fuel....I dont plan to make it a habbit (I used up all my good karma credits on that one).

Cole