View Single Post
Unread 09-29-02, 11:36 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
power pack

Ernie

The starters go to the battery direct thru their own solenoids. The gear powerpack goes thru the master solenoid (which could be bad). Totally different path.

My tests are still valid to determine if the pump operates and the high pressure switch opens when the system reaches full pressure. This occurs when the doors close. The squat switch prevents gear retration on the ground,therefore, if it doesn't work the gear stays down. It energizes a relay that is mounted in front of the pump on later models.

When doing the static test by pumping doors down by hand then turning on master sw the doors should come up briskly, pump stops in about 3-4 seconds. The max load on the pump would occur at max pressure when the doors are closed and the pump is building up pressure.

I have a gut feel that the master solenoid is at the heart of the problem. if it has not been changed in last five years it should be changed. they are about 25 dollars. i would change them all including starter solenoids.

I always listen for the pump and the sounds going up and down. The doors should retract and full gear up in 11 seconds. If longer, time to check things out.

Regarding lights. to reset the alternators etc. the ***master*** must be turned off and turned back on. If the alternators are not putting out then it is time to hit the emergency "start" switch which will put a current into the field. I think there is enough residual magnatism that this start is not really needed. Remember MASTER OFF to reset lights and overvolt buss disconnect. It is a failsafe circuit that requires full disconnect before reset.

fyi

bob

fyi

bob