View Single Post
Unread 10-01-02, 09:29 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Unhappy oH... what a nightmare.... I had

The sacariest 7 day trip I had with mine was when I forgot... forgot.. my took kit..yep went off and left it on the work bench... flew the whole trip... thinking that I should buy another one from sears... kept me awake at night in the motel room... thinking I just know I was going to need it... got back and slept like a baby... guess even mechanics worry too much huh.... but, you know what.. another pilot on the way had problems... I never did... and we found that we could scroung around and find people with tools... so carrying one is not that big of a deal... even found one mechanic who helped out... and never ask for anything... knowing how mechanics are starving... most of the time I gave him a bill for all the help he did... even gave us his car to go to town and get parts... so their is always someone.. out their just like here at our field to help... its usually not the money that does it... its the helping nature of the person... if your conserned about breakdowns... always fly with another plane of the same kind... or type... that way you have even more redunduncy... and besides its more fun to go in a group... except when your a mechanic... its like being a lawyer or doctor... you always have that... hey I have been meaning to ask.... question... all the time.. on this trip I tried to keep quiet... but, someone pointed me out and it was two days of hearing confessions.... as I call them... before things got back to normal... smile G.M> GMAs... whos next with advise... come on now bob I know you have some too... but, what about the campers... any takers out their....???