View Single Post
Unread 10-01-02, 10:17 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Wink Hmmmm are we looking at the same plane...

Well you just spured my funny bone.. and I got up and went and got the service manual... sure enough the old grey matter hasn't gone south yet... ahhhh the battery switch turns on the master... the master is connected to the battery... and then thru the contactor to the two starter contactors thru them to the starter.....

Now on one side their is this big piece of copper strap... that ties the two starter contactors togeather.. and attached at one of them is the cable that comes from the master contactor...

Page 6.1.0 shows the wireing diagram of the starters system and pp 4.1 Battery circuit shows the bat contactor...

Now it might be wired different on yours... but, I am going with the factory wiring in the book... and what I have seen on the planes... smile...

I am sure you mean the copper strap.. that goes between the two starter contactors... thinking that it comes from the battery at that point... ahhh well I guess I should go snap a picture eles if you have one.. to show.. would end the cold fussion... smile...

ya the contactors are good for about 5 years.. or less and in the tropics I am sure they go out even more often... their just isn't anything better out their yet... they haven't come across with a 400 amp high surg transistor yet that can take its place.. smile.. when they do.. change smile...

the gear pump is rated for 60 amps surge and 35 run... so one alternator will do the run.. but, yes the two of them have to be on line to make a good start of things... or else the battery has to be their too... I agree.. but, it will run on one alternator...
G.M>GMAs...