View Single Post
Unread 10-02-02, 10:35 PM
George M. Amthor, Jr.

GMAs is on a distinguished road
Angry Other than it puts a strain on the actuators

Naw... look for the extra few min of jacking the plane up... I would rather get it all the way up.. and let the gear swing... if you put it up on the ground.. you are putting a huge strain on the actuators as they will try and make the gear come up.. and can't because of the over center part... but, it will put a lot of load on the gears and hydralic stuff... not good... I would think trading one problem for another is not what I want to do... so I would just as soon jack her all the way up... heck it only takes 15 min... and then you can cycle the gear and give the pump motor a good work out... because I think you will find it has a bad segment in it... from what you have said...

sounds like the rest of the system is working but, I would also go do a contenuity check on the squat switch... too.. just to be sure.. clicking the switch is one thing.. making contact is another... and then also I would pay close attention the the wires going to the switch... as they could have a intermitent thing also...

got to be one or the other of them two.. and I would hope the switch but, from the indications you mentiond the first time... I put my money on the pump motor being bad... we have seen a couple of them now go south strangly... and it sounds like yours is headed that way too...

As to the overvoltage... ya it would trip the alternators out.. but, so would a spike and then a surge... G.M. GMAs...