View Single Post
Unread 09-01-15, 09:03 AM

Hyflyer86 is on a distinguished road
Yes, good advice. I have talked to Rick since I was originally suspicious of the power pack. At the moment, having looked at the solenoids electrically, I think that they are ok. I am trying to figure out why I have no power to the solenoid when I select up or down, and why I can't get the doors closed. The door problem could be in the Power Pack priority valve.

When I look at the schematic for the gear operating system, it would appear that I am not getting the circuit through the up/down lock switches to the gear lever/switch. I have looked at each switch with a meter and all are working. I have looked at the continuity of the circuits and they are good. The squat switch is good. That all brings me back to a bad wire/connection somewhere between the NG well and the PP; or the CB and the PP.

I have a new cable tracer that seems to work now. I am going to try tracing the wires from the CB and from the PP. So far, it doesn't appear that the schematic is the same as the airplane. It is a 42 year old plane, so a lot can happen in that time. It seems to not add up at this point. I suspect that I am missing some key element in the troubleshooting loop. Luckily, I am more persistent than smart.

Thanks so much for the conversation, it really helps me get focused.

Bill Hyflyer86