View Single Post
Unread 10-23-02, 01:05 AM

Kevin McDole is an unknown quantity at this point
Although I have never met Bill Crews in person, I did buy an aircraft from him. I told him what I was looking for and he started a search.

He did find a US registered plane in Greece that fit my requirements, but having no experience foreign maintained aircraft, I turned him down. Furthermore, the logs were literally written in Greek.

Shortly thereafter he notified me of a domestic aircraft that fit the bill. I was able to move on it quickly and was happy with the purchase. Since I was very busy at the time, he arranged for 3 separate ferry pilots to accommodate my needs. For me this was very helpful.

I found him to be honest and responsive - but I have heard of others with unhappy stories. One acquaintance that sold his plane through Bill Crews, said they agreed to a fixed percentage commission. After the sale he accused Bill Crews of having sold the plane for more than he reported - and keeping the difference. I have no facts to substantiate this accusation. Since this acquaintance has exhibited some air-headedness in other situations, I would take his story with a grain of salt.

Bottom line – I am happy and would have no hesitation to use him again. But of course, there are basic things you always must do – even if you’re buying an aircraft from your mother. This includes a competent pre-purchase inspection and a title search.