View Single Post
Unread 11-21-02, 09:27 PM

stackj is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to stackj
Skymaster Subjects

Jenny wants to know if we will have enough spouses to do a non flying spouses presentation.

She has done it with the FAA at several flight clinics they have put on. She's had pretty good success with them. The first thing she does is run us flying spouses and instructors out of the room. Then she approaches the issue from the aspect that if the non-flying spouse wanted to learn how to fly they would take flying lessons.

She then goes into helping them realize that they know more about flying then most of them think they know because of their exposure to flying. She covers use of the radio and very basic attitude flying and navigation.

It's been very interesting to me to see the high percentage of those spouses who are then interested in just knowing enough about flying to maybe get out of trouble if something should happen to the flying spouse.

We are 90% sure we will be there so if this is a topic of interest, let us know.

I am doing research on the Airframe AD's. I'll let you know later if I can handle that topic.

Jim