View Single Post
Unread 03-05-03, 05:49 AM
N456TL

Dave Underwood is on a distinguished road
Bob, could I ask you to measure the vane location on your plane just for comparison the next time you are out. If your's is outboard at about 120" (305 cm) from the fuselage, that must have been done as part of the Riley mods as the Parts Cat. says it happened at c/n 260.

My plane is approximately c/n 266 in late 1977 and although the location should be about 120", it is located at about 80" (198 cm) from the fuselage.

Does anyone else with a later model P care to measure the location of the stall vane and we can compare notes.

The DA (Design Authority) at Reims is looking at the drawings and admits something is wrong, certainly inconsistant. My hope is he will say to relocate it to 120" and provide the appropriate drawings and any required authority. (But then again I am an overly optimistic person when it comes to these sorts of things.)

As a note to anyone replacing your de-ice boots, take care if you are ordering them and make sure Goodrich understands which part number you need for your plane as there are inconsistancies.

Regards - Dave Underwood