View Single Post
Unread 05-30-02, 10:58 PM

skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
howdy ernie: i wish i had been a part of the bahama trip. It sounds as though your leak problem will have a simple resolution. My opinion regarding overhauls is throw away the recommended mfg. TBO and run till they stop producing. With a competent operator and same pilot this is significant because its so damn expensive. Someday i'll make the journey and meet all you guys who I have respect for getting off their bottoms and making it happen. Next week we are installing Owen's tip tanks on the 73p . My promise is to write up a brief synopsis and share with the site. GMAS can give me hell for my poor grammar and non sequitir writing ability. The aircraft will be down 7 days. It goes up to BNA 6/10. It takes the wing from 38'?to a little over 44". It adds 40 gallons . Currently 73p has 123 useable. This gurantees me non stop on most frequent trips T00-GLD. Anhuac, tx. -Goodland Kansas. 670nm. Mostly headwinds both ways. It should save me 1-1.5 hours per trip plus haul some less expensive fuel. T00 fuel is 1.86/gallon vs 2,36? It doesn't matter if i cant cost justify, I like the idea non stop. Hopefully, Maybe someone else will when they pry my hands off the airplane. J