View Single Post
Unread 05-31-02, 07:59 AM

skymaster is an unknown quantity at this point
howdy rick: actually do not know much about performance enhancement. however its not drgraded. I can go back and get the paperwork. But stc weight bump is extra because it has the the fuel jettison installation. normal loads on the 73 p337 with robertson stol normally exceed landing weight 4700. even if i had the jettison kit and had a emergency landing i would probably exceed mfg's landing weight 4465 ? lbs. My friend with a p-210 will swear his tips outperform a non tip. The winglets are not part of the deal and i need to look up the cost. Its expensive . I do not like fuel starts and stops . The previous owner of this 73p had wired and plumbed for tips. He had a stroke before he could get them installed. The 77 and up models carry ?140 gallons. Usually people operating p models travel distance requires more fuel. cessna probably realized this with those models. 73 has 123 gallons. Currently Its easier to put on the tanks than move to 77 or up model. the downside is most rental hangers are 40' . Fortunately mine is 60'. There is always a trade off. Not buying the increase weight stc could have some insurance exposure. It better be a bonafide emergency . JCH