View Single Post
Unread 09-01-03, 11:19 AM
TAS (Thin Air Seeker)

Jerry De Santis is on a distinguished road
Support for website

At the Nashville meeting we collected about $500.00 to support the site. Keven has it in a special account if not already sent on to Kevin. I, as well as Larry, chose not to receive reimbursement for the funds we spent to make the meeting a success. I wonder if anyone is going to step up and plan a meeting for next spring. If not, I will do it again under certain conditions.

I don't mind doing the agenda and with help select the location and get speakers. However, to be quite frank, I would put a fee on the meeting that will pay expenses for those putting on the meeting as well as an additional fee for the webpage to help Keven with his expenses.

Problem with the meeting in Nashville was that a WHOLE BUNCH OF PEOPLE COMMITTED TO ATTEND AND DID NOT! Since no fee was charged, it made it to easy not to come. I just thank those folks that did come because they made the meeting, in my opinion, a great success and those that did not show missed out on a good thing.

What do you say all? Want a meeting? I am thinking of a $125.00 fee per aircraft and pilot, plus $75 for each additional person. The fee will include the following:

*Reception dinner
*meeting room
*Coffee in meeting room
*Two lunches
*Website support.
*Off set meeting expenses

By any other seminar standard, this is cheap.

In the Nashville meeting a six member panel was selected to help organize such events and oversee expenses.

Feel free to make your comments

Thanks
Jerry
N34EC