View Single Post
Unread 09-02-03, 01:20 PM

kevin is on a distinguished road
So my vote would be that we use the money collected in the last meeting to pay for a mailing to all U.S. registered Skymaster owners publicizing the next meeting and the web site at the same time.

I very much appreciate the nice words in this threads that were directed toward the site. The lack of voting response, however, confirms what I have always thought, and that is that like many other things on the Internet, this site will be more successful if it is free. We could perhaps start suggesting a donation, depending on how future voting goes, but requiring payment to use the site will probably just kill the site. Look at how little activity there is on the CPA message board for 337s...

I am quite willing to continue to operate the site on a donation basis. The only real expense involved is my time, and I can control how much or how little of that I donate. The actual web hosting is about $18 per month, as long as we don't start doing streaming video from the site.

As for the other comments about the meetings, I agree that a fee for attendence is a good idea, along the lines of what Jerry suggested.

Kevin