View Single Post
Unread 11-02-03, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Ernie Martin is an unknown quantity at this point
Keven:

Don't have much advice but wanted to make some comments.

First, there's almost an undercurrent in your write-up as if you could have done more in flight. In my view, you did everything by the book. Your most important task is to fly the plane, not get distracted. I'm surprised at how much you did do, from taking note of what was happening to active diagnostics.

Second, although I'm a firm believer that when two things go awry they are likely to be related, this doesn't sound like it. From what I remember of my 1969 337D (my current 337G has the electric powerpack), the pump puts out the muscle through the hydraulic lines and actuators, and the electrical system is there only to sequence the process via the switches (e.g., gear doesn't start coming down until switches show doors are open). So if you had adequate voltage to run electronics in the pattern, you ought to have adequate voltage to sense the position of a switch (in short, this is not a load per se).

What's harder to figure is why the manual pump wouldn't close the doors in flight after you put the gear down, but did it on the ground. Here's a question on that: did you have the same electric loads on when you pump them up on the ground? Despite my feeling in the paragraph above that it doesn't sound electrical, it would be nice to know if all loads were the same.

Good luck and please post your findings.

Ernie