View Single Post
Unread 11-25-03, 05:12 PM

SteveG is an unknown quantity at this point
This northeastern US resident voted for Memphis due to its central location. The other sites represent quite a hike from New York State. Key West might be nice for the weather but following so closely on the heels of Sun n' Fun didn't make sense. One of the other posts suggested that a high profile resort location might actually detract from the educational and social purposes of a meeting and I think I agree. Although you all are a swell bunch of folks, I would probably choose other company to spend resort time with. Education, conversation and a good meal are about all I would be seeking. I recently paged thru a web site for Gaston's Resort (www.gastons.com) in Arkansas. Some of you may know of it. Although I have not been there, the idea of airport, restaurant, conference room, entertainment and accomodations all on one site seems appealing.
As to the question of preregistration with financial commitment, I can certainly understand the desirability of a known attendence and budget but for some, such as I, the attendence decision will, of necessity, be rather last minute. I would hope some provision for late commitment could be accomodated. Possibly having a minimum confirmed attendence prior to booking a site but retaining flexability as to final numbers.
Whatever the committee decides, I hope to be able to attend again in '04 and see you then.