View Single Post
Unread 10-11-04, 09:18 AM

kevin is on a distinguished road
Pat,

I am not going to be good with specifics here, but if it helps to know that others have done it, here goes:

I upgraded my landing and taxi lights with replacement bulbs that were far brighter on the same power consumption. I learned that I could do this at an EAA show, in the bulb mfg booth. He gave me the part number for the bulb, which we ordered, and it worked great. Unfortunately, I don't have the airplane anymore, so I don't have the particulars - mfg, bulb number, etc anymore. It was a major, well know mfg - but which one I just can't remember.

We put a Pulselite system on when I bought the airplane, to make the airplane more visible during the day. It worked slick. I'd have to find Pulselite in Tradeaplace or such, I don't have their particulars either.

The flashing beacon power supply I had on the airplane failed, and was not replaceable. We installed a red strobe (multiple flashes) to replace it, it was Whelen, and it worked great.

For what little all that may be worth, there you go. My mechanic ordered all of these things for me, and he has retired now, so I can't recover the sources. Sorry.

Kevin