View Single Post
Unread 07-16-05, 08:38 PM

Paul Sharp is an unknown quantity at this point
Need Help, Please

I have a problem and would appreciate help: Flew to West Yellowstone, was struck by a fit of stupid, and left the master and mags on. Next day when I returned to the apt to fly home, naturally the system was dead. I had the service there give me a jump start, and after the front engine got going I told him to disconnect and back away. I noted that the rear engine wouldn't turn over and their was significant discharge when I tried to crank it. I shut down the front, had him reonect the external cable, and started both engines this time. I noted, however, that there was no reading on any gage. I couldn't get the electrical system to work. Switched votlage regulators, shut the master on and off, etc. I shutdown the engines, pulled the front cowling, and looked at the "gen" fuse, but it looked OK and I don't think it has anything to do with no electrical andyway although I don't know for sure.

Model: 1967 Turbo.

What could be wrong? Could both voltage regs be shot? What else could be wrong? I have to make some intelligent guesses and then steer A&P unfamiliar with Skymasters around the troubleshooting via phone, remote as it were, since I won't be there. I'd like to have him get to the bottom of things with the best guidelines.

Appreciate help from this always knowledgable group ASAP. Thanks.