View Single Post
Unread 12-23-05, 05:57 PM

Mark Hislop is an unknown quantity at this point
I bought a C&D heater last year. I was tired of having to go through the AD test each year.

When the new heater arrived, it did not fit. Even though the combustion chamber was dimensionally the same as the original, all of the peripherals (blower, igniter, drains, connector terminals) were configured differently.

I called them to try and figure out what to do. They said"don't do anything...we'll take care of it". The next day, the owner flew out to my airport to install the heater!! Now as it turned out, he couldn't get it to fit either, but he at least could see for himself what was wrong. He took the heater back, made some modifications, and returned it to me within a week.

Even with the mods, it still wouldn't quite fit. Apparently, the flange that the intake bolts to was incorrectly positoned, and the bolt holes were about 15 degrees out of alignment. I sent it back again.

Once more, C&D came back out, and installed the heater for me. They were very apologetic about the screwups, and even gave me a new fuel pump to make up for my troubles.

I give them an A+ for customer service. And by the way, the new heater works great, too.

Mark