Thread: EchoFlight
View Single Post
Unread 07-11-02, 03:47 PM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
echoflight

I am paying 25$ per month for subscription. This is less than the 90B. Includes charts and all updates. I have not been charged airtime and I have used it a lot on occasions. During bad wx I use autoupdate every 10m on the nexrad.

I have autopositon reporting so if aircraft is stolen I can track it anywhere around the world as long as the avionics switch is on. Works even if the flight cheetah is not turned on. The software is in the communicator that sends fixes every five minutes to the echoflight computer where you can log on and see the tracking.

I went looking for the garmin specs and info. Couldn't find it? do you have the information. I dropped into the factory at Olathe KS last year when they were doing some of the developement on their version of the communicator.

BTW the uplink freq is about 137 mhz at 5 watts and the down link freq is about 149 mhz. Need standard 2 meter whip antenna to make it work. With this frequency there is less rain attenuation and interference from transponders.

fyi

bob

Last edited by Bob Cook : 07-11-02 at 04:15 PM.