View Single Post
Unread 04-04-12, 10:33 PM

Walter Atkinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick bell View Post
you state that insight is dangerous in one area and a second problem that is almost as dangerous, I'm deeply concerned that you did not post a general warning of your concerns when your determinations were known backed up with a post of your documented findings. i find this morally reprehensible to allow other individuals to be in harms way when it could be prevented or at the least made aware of the serious defect that you claim are inherent with this device
Rick:

I think it unreasonable for anyone to expect me to visit every aviation internet forum and post such a message. I have been very forthcoming on many internet fora for over a decade about JPI, EI, and Insight as well as Garmin and Avidyne concerning their engine monitors. Rick, late-comers are welcomed to the party. It's good to have you interested.

The fact that you are upset that there could be erroneous material in any manufacturer's manual is understandable. Being upset at me for not publicly degrading a company is, IMO, misguided.

For starters, look at the G3 manual and determine at how it identifies that an engine is experiencing pre-ignition. The G3 software is not in harmony with the known effects of pre-ignition on EGT. It will mis-inform the pilot. They have detonation wrong, too. These could be seriously dangerous issues, don't you think? I had informed them of these errors (and others, along with supporting data) several years ago.

I am encouraged that someone at Insight seems interested in examining these issues at this time. I applaud that.