View Single Post
Unread 11-17-05, 01:00 AM
N69S

Bob Cook is an unknown quantity at this point
word of caution / food for thought

For those that have not read the prelim report;quote and reference below.

Pilots keep forgetting to tie down cargo and lose objects in the aircraft. Relating to an experience many years ago, I had a magneto (lose in the back of the A/C) fly past my head into the instrument panel. It was 15 lbs of metal that could have easily have hit me in the head and rendered me unconcious.

How many times do we fly around and not take lose objects into consideration. These objects can easily affect control of the aircraft if the weight shifts or becomes lodged in the controls. (beer cans in the rudder pedals ?)

I am not passing judgement on this accident but complacency can bite you in the A__ when you least expect it or when you cannot deal with it.

This is one possible scenario.

SECURE THE CABIN!!!!!

Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...28X01748&key=1

"According to witnesses "bad weather" was present in the area at the time of the accident, with heavy rain and lightning being observed. Several witnesses stated that they saw the accident airplane emerge from the clouds at an altitude of about 300 feet, on its side, and descending. The witnesses further said the airplane appeared to roll inverted, and again rolled onto a side."[i]